List Of Universities Offering Nursing In Nigeria (2023)
Nursing is a medical profession known to care for patients and it’s also a lucrative career as well. Nursing is studied in several tertiary institutions in Nigeria where medical courses are offered. If you are interested to study nursing but don’t know which of the medical schools to enroll, we have itemized the List of Universities Offering Nursing in Nigeria to hasten your search.
There are numerous reasons why students are interested to study nursing in a Nigerian university. Probably it could be because they are accredited and their certification is valid, unlike other monotechnic and institutions. Whatever, your reasons are, we are glad to let you know that there are several universities in Nigeria where you can choose to study nursing.
Without further ado, below is a comprehensive list of Universities Offering Nursing in Nigeria where you can study nursing.
List Of Universities Offering Nursing In Nigeria
- Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Afe Babalola University (ABUAD)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (AAU)
- Babcock University (BABCOCK)
- Bayero University Kano (BUK)
- Benue State University, Markurdi (BSU)
- Bingham University
- Bowen University
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) (formerly Anambra State University)
- Covenant University
- Delta State University (DELSU)
- Delta State University Abraka
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Enugu State University of Science & Technology (ESUT)
- Gombe State University (GSU), Tudun Wada, Gombe
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada
- Imo State University (IMSU)
- Kaduna State University (KASU)
- Kogi State University (KSU)
- The Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Lagos State University
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Lead City University (LCU)
- Madonna University
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
- Niger Delta University (NDU), Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye, Ogun
- Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State
- Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Ibadan (UNIBADAN)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Usmanu Danfodiyyo University Sokoto (UDUSOK)
Above is a complete list of Universities Offering Nursing in Nigeria. These schools have over the years trained numerous numbers of nurses on how to care for patients, maintain their health, and improve their life’s quality. These nurses have been engrafted into the medical institutions in Nigeria.
The institutions listed above comprises government and private-owned tertiary institutions where you can study nursing. These schools are well equipped with qualified tutors and resources needed to train qualified nurses. Students are offered a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Science (BNSc) upon the completion of their studies.
Importantly, these schools are accredited by the NUC and the Nursing and Midwifery Council to offer nursing courses. As such the certification that will offer you after successfully completing your course in any of the above schools you choose to enroll in is valid and legal.
Requirements to Study Nursing in Nigerian Universities
Nursing is one of the highly sought-after courses to study in Nigerian universities making it a highly competitive course. As such, their criteria you need to meet before you can qualify to study nursing in a Nigerian university.
You must have completed your secondary education and have sat for WAEC scoring a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant science subjects such as chemistry, physics, biology, mathematics including the English language.
Remember this, if you are seeking admission to any top Nigerian University, you need to score higher in the JAMB UTME examination before you may be considered. The reason has been that universities will only consider students who score above 250 in JAMB UTME.
Duration of Studying Nursing in Nigerian university?
Studying nursing at the university for degree nursing takes about 5 years to study nursing in any university, unlike studying Registered Nursing (RN) at a university which takes 3 years.
School Fees for Studying Nursing in Nigeria Universities
As you continue to prepare yourself for studying nursing in Nigeria, one of the vital things you need to consider is the tuition fees, Nursing school fees in Nigerian universities. It is important to find out the cost of studying nursing to find out if you have the financial backing to study this course.
Studying Nursing in Nigerian universities is demanding and quite expensive. the fees for each institution vary from one school to the other.
However, on the overall average, the fee of studying nursing at Nigerian University is around N200,000 – N250,000. Most Nigerian universities offering nursing school fees are often within this range.
Other Institutions to study Nursing
Possibly you are unable to study nursing in any of the above institutions, there are other options available. As such, there are other institutions in Nigeria where you can study nursing courses. These includes:
- Basic School of Nursing, Federal Teaching Hospital
- ECWA School of Nursing, Egbe
- FCT School of Nursing
- Mater School of Nursing, Ebonyi
- Ondo State School of Nursing
- Oyo State College of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of nursing, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital
- School of Nursing Birnin Kebbi
- School of Nursing Sokoto
- School of Nursing, Joint Hospital, Mbano
- School of Nursing, Ogbomosho
- Sokoto State College of Nursing and Midwifery
- List Of School Of Nursing In Lagos
- List Of All Nursing Schools In Ogun State
- LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING ESTATE MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA
- LIST OF STATE UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR SCHOOL FEES
- LIST OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR SCHOOL FEES
- TOP 20 BEST MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA
The Nigerian government shows greater concerns about the development of health care services so late. This is to say that students are seriously advised to show up their attention to the study of Nursing, as students are going to gain immensely from this profession after their graduation from the university. We have listed the Universities offering Nursing in Nigeria.
We brought up this topic in order to help you out there, to make a choice of which school to choose during the process of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Exam. Aspirants are expected to have credit passes in English, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry, and any other subject in their SSCE. And again, they are also expected to pass their UTME examinations where they will register for four subjects which are English, mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Many citizens have made up their minds to apply to federal universities because they are accredited by the NUC.
The above list of Universities Offering Nursing in Nigeria will be of help to students interested to study nursing courses. This course takes up to five years to complete in the university offering core subjects that will earn you a Bachelor of Nursing Sciences degree.