DLI refers to Distance Learning Institute is a part-time (weekend) programme of the University of Lagos (UNILAG). The program is flexible, high-quality distance learning, that allows students to study in a flexible way, be it at home, at work, or on the move. As such, students who cannot be physically present in a normal setting such as a classroom have the opportunity to study. We have provided DLI Courses in UNILAG and Courses Outline below.
DLI has been thriving in recent times and has become a highly sought-after varsity programme in Nigeria. The University of Lagos been of the formidable universities in Nigeria is not left out of establishing this programme. There are several DLI Courses in UNILAG that you can study, the list of which has been provided below.
DLI Courses in UNILAG and Courses Outline
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Education in Biology
- Education in Chemistry
- Education in Physics
- Education in Mathematics
- Early Childhood Education
- Education in English
- Business Studies
Requirement to Study DLI Courses in UNILAG
There are requirements that you must meet before you can be successfully selected as a DLI student in UNILAG. Below is a brief description of the steps you need to consider.
- Applicants need to meet the minimum requirement of five (5) credits in WASSCE, NECO, and GCE. English language and Mathematics is a must and should not be more than two sittings.
- If you are seeking admission into year two, you must possess either NCE, ND, JUPEP, GCE A’ Levels in relevant subjects.
- If you are seeking admission into year three, you must possess either a Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree.
Note: It is imperative that you have basic IT skills. Also, applicants are expected to be above 16 years and JAMB is not needed to enroll for DLI in UNILAG.
Procedure to Apply for DLI in UNILAG
There are steps that you need to follow so as to successfully register for DLI in UNILAG. The procedure to apply for DLI in UNILAG is in two steps.
- Applying through JAMB
- Step 1: Log into the JAMB CAP website and register.
- Step 2: Pay a sum of three thousand five hundred Naira (N3,500) so as to get your registration number.
- Application through UNILAG
- Step 1: go to the UNILAG application portal at https://www.applications.unilag.edu.ng
- Step 2: select “start fresh application”
- Step 3: select DLI as “application type” and then enter your personal details, JAMB reg. number, mobile phone number, and email address.
- Step 4: Select “pay now” to make payment for the application fee online. You can as well print the payment advice with Remita number to pay in any bank
- Step 5: Once payment is made, return to the application portal to continue. Click on continue and enter your payment reference number as well as your surname all in lowercase as your password.
- Step 6: Complete all the necessary fields and upload your documents.
- Step 7: Complete the rest of the fields, submit online and print a copy
Note: Make sure you submit the application online before the deadline. More so, successful applicants “must” go through the preparatory Applicants’ induction course before final enrollment.
Duration of DLI course in UNILAG
DLI course in UNILAG is highly patronized especially by workers and business persons who may not be chanced to enroll in a full-time job.
The duration of the Distance Learning Institute (DLI) in UNILAG is five (5) years for all the courses listed above. However, those admitted through Direct Entry are three (3) or four (4) years depending on the level they started from.
However, the level that you will begin from depends on your qualification.
We have come to the end of our discourse. The UNILAG is one of the universities in Nigeria with a large number of educational programmes and DLI is one of them. from our discourse so far, I believe you now have an inkling of DLI Courses in UNILAG. Make sure you read through from the beginning to the end to learn all that you need to know about DLI Course in UNILAG.