The University of Lagos is a high profiled University in Nigeria and considered to be one of the best tertiary institutions in the country. The institution houses several faculties among which we will be discussing faculty of education and providing the List of Education Courses in UNILAG. Stay with us as we dish out all that you need to know.
The University of Lagos (UNILAG) has an estimated number of 12 faculties, 1 college of Medicine, and other institutes that run diploma, undergraduate & Postgraduate programmes. Among its faculties includes the Faculty of education where education courses are taught. Find below the List of Educational Courses in UNILAG.
List of Education Courses In UNILAG
- Early Childhood Education
- Guidance and Counseling
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Christian Religious Studies
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and French
- Technical Education
- Education and Geography
- Education and History
- Education and Igbo
- Human Kinetics
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Islamic Studies
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Adult Education
- Education and Yoruba
- Business Education
- Educational Administration
- Home Economics and Education
There you have a comprehensive List of Education Courses in UNILAG from which you can make your choice of course and enroll.
The essence of compiling this list is to make it easy for you to easily and quickly select your choice course of study, that is if you have made up your mind to study an education course.
The faculty of education in UNILAG was established with the mindset of producing highly qualified teachers who will man and teach school subjects across different levels of education in Nigeria. Also, to train educational administrators, guidance counsellors, adult educators, physical and health educators who can function effectively in their various areas of specialization upon graduation.
Requirements to Study Education Courses in UNILAG
Before you make up your mind to study an education course in this prestigious tertiary institution, there are requirements that you need to meet before you can gainfully get admission into this institution to study education.
The requirements to study education in UNILAG include:
- Compulsory completion of secondary school education with WASSCE or NECO or its equivalent certification. Also, you must have a minimum of 5 credit pass in relevant subjects with the English language (compulsory).
- Ensure you sit for the yearly JAMB (Joint Admission Matriculation Board) examination with a compulsory pass in relevant subjects including the English language.
- If successful in the above requirements, you will need to seat for the post UTME Examination organized by the school and after that wait for the admission.
Also, if you want to make use of direct entry, below are the requirements
- Direct Entry requires you to have a minimum of five (5) credit passes in SSCE in not more than two sittings.
- Also, you need to possess a minimum of two advanced level passes in OND with a credit level or NCE with credit level.
Brief History of UNILAG
The University of Lagos came to being in 1962, just two years after Nigeria gained independence making it one of the oldest tertiary institutions in Nigeria. and has since then become one of the best and outstanding universities in Nigeria. Little wonder why Prospective students often choose it as their preferred (first choice) university.
Also, since its inception, UNILAG has provided quality education to many great minds that have since become the future of Nigeria. The school has a voluminous student capacity estimated to be 60,000, making it one of the largest universities in Nigeria.
The large number of courses offered in the school accounts for its overwhelming student capacity.
That’s all on the list of educational courses in UNILAG. The University of Lagos is an excellent university to study in Nigeria. you can decide to study any education course of your choice preferably it is available in the institution. Be rest assured that you will enjoy the best of time as well as quality education training during your time in school. Ensure you meet all of the stated requirements above to become a qualified candidate and gain entrance into the school.