Augustine Miles Kelechi addressed by his stage name Tekno, is a Nigerian songwriter, producer, singer, and dancer that has broken out to be recognized even on the global stage. Tekno is nicknamed Nigerian’s Chris Brown for his dancing skills and a flexible body that could be associated with that of US singer, Chris Brown. He was born into a family of six on the 17th of December, 1992.
Although Tekno was born in Bauchi State he was raised in several states in the country due to the nature of his father’s job. His military father is an indigene of Ebonyi State from Ivo Local Government Area, and this also makes him an Ebonyi indigene. Tekno was enrolled in a music school from an early age of 8 where he mastered how to play the piano and guitar. Starboy label act, Spotless, is a younger brother to Tekno.
- Real name: Augustine Miles Kelechi
- Stage name: Tekno, Slim Daddy, Golden Boy of Africa
- Net worth in dollars: 1.5 million dollars
- Profession: Songwriter, Singer, Dancer, Producer
- Nationality: Nigerian
- State of origin: Ebonyi State
- Place of birth: Bauchi State
- Date of birth: December 19, 1992
- Genre: Afrobeats, Hip hop, R&B
- Record label: Made Men Music Group/ K-Money Entertainment
- Associated artists: Ice Prince, Davido, Wizkid
Tekno Net Worth, Biography and Songs
Tekno, popularly known as Alhaji Tekno, whose full name is Augustine Miles Kelechi Edgar was traced back to be born on the 17th of December the year 1992 in Bauchi state Nigeria, His father is an indigene of Ebonyi State Nigeria which makes him a prone indigene of Ebonyi state, located at the eastern region of the country (Nigeria).
Augustine Miles Kelechi Edgar’s father was a soldier, which makes his father a disciplinarian and as we would have it Tekno learned well and grew up well, he was noted to have toured the northern parts of Nigeria at a tender age due to the way his parents move from place to place for settlement, which was also due to the transfer bound his father encountered as a force man, meanwhile, Augustine learned acoustic guitar as his first instrument and later learned other instruments, this was as a result of his tour from one location to the other.
However, all the instruments Tekno learned was at a very tender age, he was eight (8) years when he started playing the acoustic guitar, all in a music school, because he had a great passion for music and it became a dream for him to pursue, and as we would have it, he made it in the music industry. Meanwhile, nothing was revealed about his educational background or his mother.
Tekno is a lover of music and entertainment was nurtured and brought to limelight by a seasoned comedian called Julius Awgu in an amazing event been held in Abuja in the year 2012, this famous comedian spotted great potential in him (Augustine Miles) and encouraged him t forge ahead with his music career and as Tekno would have it, he has now become famous in the latter years after the great encounter with the famous comedian named Julius Awgu.
Tekno Net worth 2020
Tekno is rated one of the most influential Nigerian artists with an estimated net worth of $2.5 million according to Forbes. He signed a $4 million contract with Sony Music; the best music record label in the world, and an Eighteen Million Naira contract as a brand ambassador to MTN Nigeria; a multi-national telecommunication company.
This famous star kick-start his musical career in the Nigerian music industry and was immediately signed into k-money entertainment record label being his first record label in the music industry, under this record label, he released his first-ever single which was titled “Holiday”, later on, he was advised to relocate to Lagos by Iyanya and his manager Ubi Franklin as many opportunities lie in wait for him, though this advice was not taken by Tekno until after he had a remix with ice prince’s music titled “Oleku” which Alhaji Tekno himself gave another title called “Onye Ne Kwu” and after the remix, he found his way to Lagos where he was signed by “Made Men Music” record label on the 5th of October the year 2013, in this record label he released his singles titled “Dance” and “Anything”.
In the year 2015, 18th of June precisely, he became a very popular superstar in the Nigerian music industry with a hit titled “Duro”, right about now I know the music “Duro” echoes back into your minds as very cool hit music composed by this superstar Alhaji Tekno, which is quite a popular song I believe we all know and enjoyed and I as well know this music to some people made him their favorite and made him popular. This music’s reception was massively attended and it became one of the most played songs on radio stations and television channels, more also, it became a top-rated song both nationally and internationally.
Alhaji Tekno did not relent, he went ahead and made a remix for his song “Duro” with two famous music artist named “Flavour” and a fantastic rapper named “Phyno”, this was on the 15th of November the same year 2015, yet he made another mega-hit that same year on the 20th of November and was produced barely few weeks after the Duro remix.
The unrelenting talented young artist has earned for himself well-deserved nominations and awards for his songs and videos which are mostly not shot in Nigeria. Below is the list of awards he has received for himself;
- Best New Act of The Year from Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Best Pop Extra Video from 9th Nigeria Music Video Awards, 2015
- Hottest Single from Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2016
- Best Music Video of the Year from Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2016
- Afropop Artist of the Year from Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2016
- Best New Act from MTV Africa Music Awards, 2016
- African Video of the Year from WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards, 2016
- Best African Male Video from WatsUp TV Africa Music Video awards, 2016
- Best West African Video from WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards, 2016
- Best Afro Pop Video from WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards, 2016
- Best International Act of Africa from BET Award, 2017
- Onye Ne Kwu featuring Ice Prince (2013)
- Body feat. Kizz Daniel (2019)
- Agege feat. Zlatan Ibile (2019)
- Beh Beh feat. Masterkraft (2020)
- “Show” Victoria Kimani (2014)
- “Feeling You” Rima feat. Tekno (2014)
- “Pray For You” Lynxxx feat. Tekno (2015)
- “Boss” Ice Prince (2015)
- “Last Station” Stonebwoy feat. Tekno (2016)
- “If” Davido (2016)
- “Catch you” Flavour (2016)
- “Silika” Madee feat. Tekno (2017)
- “Go” Tekno (2017)
- “Green Light” DJ Cuppy feat. Tekno (2017)
- “Jogodo” (2018)
- “Agege” feat. Zlatan Ibile (2018)
- “Won’t Be Late” Swae Lee feat. Drake (2019)
Conclusion On Tekno Biography And Net Worth 2020
Augustine Miles Kelechi Edgar, as it may interest you to know that as his full name, he developed his love for music at the age of 8 and could play instruments like the acoustic guitar and others. Currently, Alhaji Tekno is worth $1.7 million for the present year, I am quite sure that in the latter years to come he would be worth more than that with his non-relenting spirit and love for music, he is also worth over three billion nairas for the Nigerian currency. Well, I believe you now have all you need about Tekno Net worth and biography, I hope it was interesting?
Tag: Tekno Biography And Net worth 2020