We would be listing the complete JAMB Subject Combination For Accounting and the WAEC subject required. Accounting is one of the top courses that you can study at a University in Nigeria. There are requirements that you must meet before you can be admitted to study the course in Nigeria. You have to pick the right JAMB Subject Combination For Accounting and WAEC Subject Requirements For Accountancy.
Generally, in Nigeria, you need to have a minimum of 5 O’level credits in relevant subjects to be qualified for admission at all. The admission requirement to study Accounting in any Nigerian University includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or the A-level result if you are going in through Direct Entry. This article will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with an Accounting degree and also the requirements for admission into Nigeria universities to study the course.
WAEC Subject Requirements For Accounting
JAMB Subject Combination For Accounting 2020
- Any other Social Science subject
- Use of English
It is important that you should aim for a score of a minimum of 180 in JAMB UTME as that is the minimum requirement to gain admission to study any course at a Nigerian University. But to be on a safer side, you have to score as high as possible. Some top Universities will accept only those who score a minimum of 200 in the JAMB UTME.
For those who want to gain admission through a direct entry, their requirement is Two ‘A’ level passes including Economics. So that is all about JAMB Subject Combination For Accountancy.
WAEC Subject Requirements For Accounting
For a candidate who wants to study Accounting at a Nigerian University, he or she needs to obtain a minimum of 5 O’ level credit passes in relevant subjects to Accounting. The WAEC Subject Required For Accounting/Accountancy are:
- English Language
- Any relevant subject
- A trade subject
Accounting course prepares students to be professional accountants, auditors, budget analysts, tax accountants, and also to provide financial management services to individuals, businesses, and/or corporations both profit and not-for-profit. In the world of today which is diverse, global, and also technologically sophisticated, the need for top accountants is ever on the rise. Those who have accounting skills are highly sought by employers.
- Students of the course gain practical knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts, and also professional practices used in today’s global accounting environment.
- Students will also be able to master the digitization of accounting data and technology that supports international financial reporting.
- The accounting student also gets to explore the fundamentals of accounting in two introductory courses and then completes a sequence of higher-level courses that cover financial accounting theory, cost accounting, auditing, advanced accounting topics, federal income tax, business law, and also accounting information systems.
Accounting course imbibes its students with a comprehensive understanding of accounting principles and practices, combining functional skills with a larger perspective of accounting’s role in the business community.
- Students will be able to apply problem-solving skills to multiple accounting situations, including those occurring in the international setting.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively about accounting and business practices within the context of larger organizational frameworks.
- Students will be able to access relevant accounting/financial guidance and apply it in their accounting practice.
- Students will be able to demonstrate well-developed competency in their accounting techniques.
- Students will be able to demonstrate collaborative skills across accounting and functional business areas.
- Students will be able to analyze sources of organizational risk.
- Students will be able to apply knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment in which the accounting profession operates.
- Students will also be able to apply ethical reasoning in their accounting practices. So this article has provided information on JAMB Subject Combination For Accounting and WAEC Subject Requirements For Accounting. The following universities offer a student a chance if studying accounting:
List of Nigeria Universities offering Accounting
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Arthur Javis University Akpoyubo Cross River State
- Augustine University Click to read conditions
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Anchor University Ayobo Lagos State
- Auchi Poly degree
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano Click to read conditions
- Baze University
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Bowen University, Iwo
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Christopher University Mowe
- Clifford University Owerrinta Abia State
- Coal City University Enugu State
- Crown Hill University Eiyenkorin, Kwara State
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Dominican University Ibadan Oyo State
- Edo University Iyamo
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University Gashua at Yobe Umar Suleiman College of Education, also in Gashua
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Hallmark University, Ijebi Itele
- Ogun, University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Kola Daisi University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State
- Micheal & Cecilia Ibru University
- Mountain Top University
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA)
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Ago Iwoye, Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudil Click to read conditions
- Renaissance University Enugu
- Rhema University, Obama-Asa – Rivers State
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa
- Summit University
- Kings University, Ode Omu (UNIKINGS)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Hezekiah University, Umudi
- Veritas University, Abuja Click to read conditions
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo
Where can you work with an Accounting degree?
This is a very important question that you must have answers to before undertaking Accounting as a course of study at the University. After knowing what subjects you have to pass to study Accounting, you have to also know what career prospects await you at the completion of the course. The typical accounting graduate enters the professional world of accounting as a staff accountant in a public accounting firm, corporation, or even a governmental unit. Students may then grow through the ranks to reach such positions as senior accountant, manager, controller, and comptroller etc.
Conclusion On Jamb Subject Combination For Accounting And Waec Subject Required
Knowing the right subject combination is an important determinant in ensuring a student who aspires to become an account achieves his or her goals. This information is so important to the accounting prospect because if he or she does not have the right JAMB Subject Combination For Accounting and WAEC Subject Required, the admission will most likely not be possible. This is because there are rules that govern the admission process and these are usually strictly adhered to by the relevant authorities. This is why this article was generated to help those in need of this information.