This section of the article takes a look at the official FRSC salary payroll scale of the various positions in the agency held by staff. Officers of the agency are paid based on their ranks and levels as is obtainable in similar government agencies such as the police and the armed forces. According to a 2007 report, the FRSC salary of the officers and men of the force was upgraded under a new salary structure known as Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS). Under the COMPASS structure, 5000 Naira was added to the salary of the lowest-ranked staff of the agency while as high as 15,000 Naira was added to the salaries of the most senior officers.
FRSC SALARY PAYROLL SCALL PER MONTH
THE LIST ABOVE SHOWS THE BASIC ANNUAL SALARIES OF OFFICERS AND MEN OF THE FRSC:
As stated above, officers of the agency are paid according to their rank. FRSC officers who employed in the agency with a Secondary School Certificate get a starting monthly salary of about 40,000 Naira while graduates of higher institutions are paid from 100,000 Naira and above. High ranking officers of the agency earn from 250,000 Naira and above monthly. Other benefits are added to the basic salary such as rent, uniform allowance and so on to further increase the salaries of staff.
NOTE: It is quite not possible to get the exact sum of salaries paid to FRSC officers. It is even alleged that salaries fluctuate monthly.
ABOUT FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY COMMISSION
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) is an agency of government saddled with the responsibility of maintaining road safety and discipline on all Nigerian roads. The agency is expected to ensure the roads are safe for all road users both motorists and pedestrians at all times among some other functions. This agency of government plays a very important role in ensuring that Nigerian roads are safe at all times for all road users. We look at the structure of the agency as well as the salary scale.
FRSC RANKS STRUCTURE
Officers and men of the agency are classed based on their rank from the highest rank to the lowest rank. The ranks of the agency are listed below.
- CM Corps Marshal
- DCM Deputy Corps Marshal
- ACM Assistant Corps Marshal
- CC Corps Commander
- DCC Deputy Corps Commander
- ACC Assistant Corps Commander
- CRC Chief Route Commander
- SRC Superintendent Route Commander
- RC Route Commander
- DRC Deputy Route Commander
- ARC Assistant Route Commander (Entry Point)
FRSC MARSHALS RANKS / STRUCTURE
- Junior Marshals CRMA Chief Road Marshal Assistant
- DCRMA Deputy Chief Road Marshal Assistant
- SRMA Senior Road Marshal Assistant
- RMAI Road Marshal Assistant I
- RMAII Road Marshal Assistant II
- RMAIII Road Marshal Assistant III (Entry Point)
NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICERS (NCOS)
- 7. MI-I Marshal Inspector I
- 8. MI-II Marshal Inspector II
- 9 MI-III Marshal Inspector III
SENIOR NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICERS (SNCOS)
- 10 CI Chief Inspector
- 11 DCI Deputy Chief Inspector
- 12 ACI Assistant Chief Inspector
- 13 PMI Principal Marshal Inspector
- 14 SMI Senior Marshal Inspector
Recruitment into the FRSC is carried out yearly to identify and employ the best minds to further help the agency discharge its duties efficiently. The exercise is usually advertised on the pages of National newspapers as well as other media of discharging news to the public.
GETTING EMPLOYED INTO THE FRSC
To apply for FRSC Recruitment:
- Visit the FRSC registration portal at www.frsc.gov.ng
- Search for available job positions in the agency
- Apply for any available openings through the provided link on the website if you are eligible.
Please take note that recruitment will be carried out for officers, marshal inspectorate, and road marshal assistant cadres. JAMB will conduct an examination for those who are shortlisted at an appointed date.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS- FRSC RECRUITMENT REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- All applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from accredited universities.
- Preference will be given to candidates with first-class and second-class grades
- Computer knowledge will be an additional benefit.
You can visit the agency’s website http://frsc.gov.ng for more guidance on registration.
FUNCTIONS OF FRSC
Since the establishment of the agency in the year 1988, its functions were clearly spelled out in Decree 45 of the year 1988. This decree has been amended by Decree No 35 of 1992. Some of the functions of the agency include:
- Controlling the activities of vehicles on the highways for road users to avoid accidents.
- Recommend and implement strategies and technological devices to help curb the risk of accidents on the roads.
- Give advice to both the Federal and State Governments on traffic-related issues.
- Carry out public orientation programs for the general public as well as motor users on highway discipline.
Also, as an officer of the agency, you are expected to carry out the following duties:
- Help to reduce incidences of accidents on Nigerian high ways to the barest minimum.
- Ensure there is absolutely no obstruction blocking the highways you are posted to so as to prevent incidents of the accident.
- You are expected to educate drivers, motorists, and other members of the general public on the proper use of the highways.
- Design and produce the driver’s license given by the agency to certify motorists who are duly registered to ply the highways. These licenses come in various categories and are issued to vehicle operators.
- You are also to give drivers all the necessary guidance about safe driving.
- You can fine traffic offenders.
CONCLUSION ON FRSC SALARY PAYROLL, SCALE, AND STRUCTURE
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) is one of the agencies of government that ensures the safety of Nigerians. It is charged with keeping our roads safe and accident-free. The agency also sensitizes the general public as well as a motorist on highway safety to ensure that lives and properties are safeguarded. Officers and men of the agency are well paid. The least ranked stay of the agency earns a basic salary of 40,000 Naira while the senior officers earn considerably higher amounts.
Tag: FRSC Salary Payroll 2020