A list of free football academies in France. French footballers have conquered the world. Sometimes it looks like if the formula to European club success is to have a few French players in your team. France no doubt produces the highest number of foreign players plying their trade in the top leagues of Europe. This is no accident; the talent discovery and development mechanism in France is top of the range.
France is one of the best places in the world to start your football career; scouts from every league in every country have their eyes and ears open to fresh young talent coming out of the youth systems in France. Young ones from all over the world travel to France to learn from the French masters, and to make themselves visible to scouts, thus increasing their chances of becoming stars, and enjoying the money and fame that football has to offer.
Without wasting time let us now present the free and subsidized football academies in France, as well as basic information, and what you need to sign-up.
List Of Free Football Academies In France
1. FC Metz International Football Academy
The FC Metz Academy is a football academy in France which is part of the football establishment known as FC Metz, which was established in 1932, and which competes in the top tier of French football; Ligue 1. The club is located in the city of Metz which is close to the border with Luxemburg, Germany, and Belgium.
FC Metz Academy has recently produced such stars as Miralem Pjanic, Sadio Mané, Kalidou Koulibaly, and Maxwel Cornet.
- To join the FC Metz International Football Academy please contact them with the following information:
- Address: 5 Allée Saint-Symphorien, 57000 Metz, France.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: +03 87 62 30 60
2. International Center of European Football, France
The International Center of European Football, France is a training facility located in south-eastern France. The facility is only 40 minutes from Geneva International Airport and 2 hours 30 minutes from Lyon–Saint Exupery Airport. The landscape is reportedly calming and free from distractions because it is located close to beautiful mountains, lakes, and forests.
According to their website, this facility is a top destination for scouts from major teams such as Liverpool F.C., Southampton F.C., Paris Saint-Germain F.C., Fulham F.C, and Leicester City F.C.
- To join this academy, please use the following information:
- Address: Chemin des Chapelles, Evian-les-Bains, France
- Website: www.theicef.com
3. The Centre Technique National Fernand Sastre
The Centre Technique National Fernand Sastre, which is more commonly known as the INF Clairefontaine is the national football academy that produces male footballers. This academy is supervised by the French Football Federation.
This notable institution is the molding ground that gave us Thierry Henry, Nicolas Anelka, Louis Saha, William Gallas, Hatem Ben Arfa, Blaise Matuidi, Olivier Giroud, and Kylian Mbappe.
- To join this academy, please use the information below.
- Website: www.cnf-clairefontaine.com
- Alternatively, you can visit the France Football Federation: www.fff.fr
4. CNFE Clairefontaine
The Centre national de formation et d’entraînement de Clairefontaine which is more commonly known as CNFE Clairefontaine is the national football academy that produces female footballers. The academy was established in 1998.
- To join this academy use the information below:
- Website: www.cnf-clairefontaine.com
- Alternatively, you can contact them through the French Football Federation: www.fff.fr
5. SC Bastia Reserves and Academy
SC Bastia Reserves and Academy are the trainee team of the French football club Bastia. The training facility is Plaine de l’Igesa, in the city of Bastia, and the team plays its competitive matches at Stade Erbajolo, Bastia, which is has a Capacity of 2,000 people.
Some graduates of the academy are Alex Song and Michael Essien.
- To join this academy, use the following information:
- Website: http://www.sc-bastia.net/
6. The Olympique Lyonnais Reserves & Academy
The Olympique Lyonnais Reserves & Academy are the trainee squad of French club Olympique Lyonnais. The reserves squad play in the Championnat, which is the France amateur division, while the senior team plays the top tier of French Football; Ligue 1.
So many notable players have come from The Olympique Lyonnais Reserves & Academy, including Ludovic Giully.
- To join this Academy, use the following information:
- Website: www.ol.fr › academy › school
7. The Paris Saint-Germain Youth Academy
The Paris Saint-Germain Youth Academy, which most people simply refer to as PSG Academy, is the joint youth system of both PSG (men’s team) and PSG Féminine (women’s team). The academy was established in 1970.
The teams play at the Stade Municipal Georges Lefèvre, which is a 3,500 capacity facility.
The PSG Academy has produced several stars such as Jean-Marc Pilorget, Luis Fernández, Nicolas Anelka, Mamadou Sakho, Kingsley Coman, and Presnel Kimpembe.
- To join this academy, use the information below.
- Website: https://www.lestitisdupsg.fr/presentation/
8. PEF Ploufragan
Le Centre Technique National Henri Guérin, which is also known as the PEF Ploufragan, is the regional association football development centre. This academy serves the Brittany region, and the best talents are selected to train there.
- Website: http://www.ctr-foot.com/index.php
- Better still, contact them through the French Football Federation: www.fff.fr
9. Pôle Espoirs Fédéral de Saint-Sébastien-sur-Loire
Pôle Espoirs Fédéral de Saint-Sébastien-sur-Loire, which is better known as the PEF Saint-Sébastien-sur-Loire, is the regional association football development centre. This academy is supervised by the French Football Federation.
This academy is located in Saint-Sébastien-sur-Loire, Loire-Atlantique, and serves the Pays de la Loire region. Only the best talents are selected to train there.
- To Join this academy use the information below:
- French Football Federation website: www.fff.fr
10. Centre de formation du Racing Club de Strasbourg
The training center of the RC Strasbourg is one of the oldest football academies in France. The Centre de formation du Racing Club de Strasbourg was established in 1972. The city of Strasbourg takes great pride in this establishment and funded it directly during a period of financial crisis.
A great talking point of this establishment is the fact that Arsene Wenger was once associated with this training facility. The legendary Frenchman was director of the academy from 1981 to 1983.
- To join this academy, please use the information below:
- Website: https://www.rcstrasbourgalsace.fr
There is no doubt that France is a fertile ground where football talent grows. However, as a teenager, there are a lot of factors you must consider before deciding to travel to another country to pursue a career in football and to get into a free football academy in France. It is good to consider the language barrier, prepare yourself for completely different weather, remember that you will be far from family and friends, and assure yourself of the authenticity of the offer before committing your money. Furthermore, please bear in mind that human traffickers and other such criminals are always trying to take advantage of people who are desperate to travel.