TOP 10 BEST AIR FORCES IN THE WORLD 2018
Air force is the military branch of a country that primarily conducts aerial warfare. Specifically, it is the branch of a nation’s armed services that is responsible for aerial warfare as distinct from an army, navy, or a marine corps. Air forces normally consist of a combination of bombers, fighters, transport planes, helicopters and other aircraft. Air forces are majorly responsible for operations of the military space, intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM), and communications equipment. Air forces in some country have the right to command and control other air defense assets such as anti-aircraft artillery, surface-to-air missiles, or anti-ballistic missile warning networks and defensive systems.
So have you ever wondered which set of countries have
The Best Air Forces In The World
Pilots are not the only professionals that compose the Air forces, but also rely on a significant amount of support from other personnel to operate. Intelligence, logistics, security, special operations, cyberspace maintenance, support, weapons loaders, and many other specialties are required by all air forces.
FUNCTIONS OF THE AIR FORCE
The role of the air force is
- To protect its country from any type of air attacks and also make air attacks on other countries during wars.
- Air forces are responsible for carrying out strategic and tactical bombing missions, providing support to land and naval forces and gaining control of the air.
LIST OF COUNTRIES WITH BEST AIR FORCE
In this modern time, the strength of a nation is judged by how strong its armed forces are. The stronger the force, the more secure and safe the country feels from its opponent or enemies. It is not easy to come up with the list of countries with the best air force, as every country has its own specialized force according to its need and the budget available to modernize it.
BELOW ARE THE TOP 10 COUNTRIES WITH THE BEST AIR FORCES IN THE WORLD 2018
1. UNITED STATE AMERICA
- (Number of combat aircraft – 2,785)
Without any doubt, the largest air force in the world belongs to the United States. United States Air Force (USAR) has more aircraft than other countries on the list combined. At present, USA has world’s most sophisticated and powerful air force. Its larger fleet of fighter aircraft lies on F-16: fourth-generation-fighter, which are 947 in number. However, when it comes to fifth-generation-fighter no one on the earth comes closer to USAR. In the total US has more than 266 multirole-fifth-generation-fighters. Part of what makes USAR the best in the world includes ownership of the largest number of warplanes in the world, it has been involved in many wars, conflicts using military air operations. The health of USAF members is taken highly with caution and they adopt physical fitness assessment. The Air Force provides air support for surface force and aids in the recovery of troops.
- I. Fighter Aircraft-2,296
- ii. Attack Aircraft-2,785
- iii. Trainer Aircraft-2,831
- iv. Attack Helicopter-947
- v. Transport Aircraft-5,739
- vi. Active Personnel-318,415
- vii. Total Aircraft Strength: 13,762
- viii. Total Helicopter Strength: 6,065
This country always likes to move shoulder to shoulder with the USA when it comes to military warfare. RAF has sizeable numbers of multirole-fighter, transport aircraft, attack helicopter, and bombers – all build within the Russian borders. Speaking about some modern machines in the air: fifth-generation-fighter, RAF’s Sukhoi Su-57 stealth multi-role fighter is at its finishing stage, planned to introduce in 2019. The Russian Airforce is ranked the second best because it operates more than 3,000 strategic bombers, 4500 fighter planes like the MiG-29 Fulcrum, MiG-25 Fox bat, it has about 3400 attack aircraft like Su-24 Fencer, Su-25 Frog foot, and Su-17 Fitter.25 Fox bat, it has about 3400 attack aircraft like Su-24 Fencer, Su-25 Frog foot, and Su-17 Fitter.
- I. Fighter Aircraft-806
- ii. Attack Aircraft-1,438
- iii. Trainer Aircraft-387
- iv. Attack Helicopter-490
- v. Transport Aircraft-1,124
- vi. Active Personnel-148,000
- vii. Total Aircraft Strength: 3,794
- viii. Total Helicopter Strength: 1,389
Third, on our list of the best air forces in the world 2018, People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) as the Chinese Airforce is fondly called was formed in 1947 and is the aviation or aerial warfare of the Chinese force. China is the second nation – after the U.S. – to possess fifth-generation-fighter in its air fleet. Presently, The Chinese Airforce has cutting-edge aircraft and helicopter – all made in China – like J-10, J-11, J-16, and J-20. In attack helicopter fleet it has modernistic Z-10 and Z-18. China has third Most Powerful Air Force in the world. Largest air force in Asia and is better known for comprising some of the deadliest self-reliance combat aircraft.
- I. Fighter Aircraft-1.271
- ii. Attack Aircraft-1,385
- iii. Trainer Aircraft-352
- iv. Attack Helicopter-206
- v. Transport Aircraft-782
- vi. Active Personnel-398,000
- vii. Total Aircraft Strength: 2,955
- viii. Total Helicopter Strength: 912
4. INDIA AIR FORCE
This is the country with the fourth best Air force in the world, Indian Air Force (IAF). IAF has been engaged in 5 wars with neighboring countries, Pakistan (4 times) and China (1 time). IAF’s most air assets came from foreign soils like USA, Russia, France, and the UK. IAF’s military is strong up-to-date due to the joint relationship with Russia, since the time of USSR,
- I. Fighter Aircraft-676
- ii. Attack Aircraft-809
- iii. Trainer Aircraft-2,831
- iv. Attack Helicopter-16
- v. Transport Aircraft-875
- vi. Active Personnel-140,139
- vii. Total Aircraft Strength: 2,102
- viii. Total Helicopter Strength: 666
5. UNITED KINGDOM: RAF
Fifth, on our list of the top 10 best air forces in the world 2018, Royal Air Force (RAF) which is the United Kingdom air force formed its air right after the end of World War 1. At that time, RAF was largest air army in the world. RAF’s remarkable role in WW2 helps UK to overcome Nazi Germany. RAF played a significant role in the British Military History in the Second World War. Motto “Through Adversity to the Stars”.
- I. Fighter Aircraft-88
- ii. Attack Aircraft-168
- iii. Trainer Aircraft-329
- iv. Attack Helicopter-39
- v. Transport Aircraft-337
- vi. Active Personnel-33,24
- vii. Total Aircraft Strength: 856
- viii. Total Helicopter Strength: 347
ISRAEL AIR FORCE: IAF
Israeli Air Force is the part of Israel Defense Forces. The Israeli Air Force “Air and Space Arm”, commonly known as “Air Corps” is formed in the year 1948. Since its inception, it has been engaged in 8 recognized wars with Arab nations. It has also done bundle of operations against Arab guerillas and Palestine. Most of IAF aircraft are from American soil; among them are F-4 Phantom II, F-15, F-16, and F-35 Lightning II.
- I. Fighter Aircraft-243
- ii. Attack Aircraft-243
- iii. Trainer Aircraft-219
- iv. Attack Helicopter-48
- v. Transport Aircraft-101
- vi. Active Personnel-???
- vii. Total Aircraft Strength: 654
- viii. Total Helicopter Strength: 143
7. FRANCE AIR FORCE
7th, on our list of the best air forces in the world 2018, French Air Force – Armée de l’air – was formed in 1909. Its fourth-generation-fighter Dassault Rafale is equipped with leading-edge technology. However, Dassault Rafale is also increasing in demand in international markets. In the post-World War 2 era, the French made a successful effort to develop a domestic aircraft industry. During the Gulf war, the French Airforce (Armee de l’air) showed or better put demonstrated its prowess during the Gulf War, becoming one of the most popular jet fighters of its day, with a high quality of performance in the battlefields.
- I. Fighter Aircraft-296
- ii. Attack Aircraft-284
- iii. Trainer Aircraft-283
- iv. Attack Helicopter-49
- v. Transport Aircraft-6621
- vi. Active Personnel-41,160
- vii. Total Aircraft Strength: 1,305
- viii. Total Helicopter Strength: 610
8. TURKEY AIR FORCE
Turkish Air Force come into existence after the creation of the Republic of Turkey, Turkish Air Force was formed in 1911 by Ottoman Empire.
- I. Fighter Aircraft-207
- ii. Attack Aircraft-207
- iii. Trainer Aircraft-276
- iv. Attack Helicopter-70
- v. Transport Aircraft-439
- vi. Active Personnel-60,000
- vii. Total Aircraft Strength: 1,018
- viii. Total Helicopter Strength: 455
9. GERMAN AIR FORCE
Luftwaffe is the aerial warfare branch of the German Armed Forces and was established in the year 1935. F-4 Phantom fighter planes were part of the Baltic Air Policing operation of NATO in the year 2005.
- The majority of the pilots of Luftwaffe are trained either in the United States or in Canada.
- The training centers for the practical are located at Canadian Forces Air Command base at Goose Bay and Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico.
- I. Fighter Aircraft-125
- ii. Attack Aircraft-85
- iii. Trainer Aircraft-47
- iv. Attack Helicopter-47
- v. Transport Aircraft-345
- vi. Active Personnel-28,448
- vii. Total Aircraft Strength: 698
- viii. Total Helicopter Strength: 375
10. JAPAN (JAPAN AIR SELF-DEFENSE FORCE)
Japan Airforce has an aviation branch called Japan Self-defense Force or JASDF, is in-charge of defense of its airspace and aerospace operations. It was established on 1st July 1954. The JASDF has a total of 50,324 personnel, and 777 aircraft, 380 fighter aircraft, 265 trainer aircraft, 52 transport craft and 52 helicopters. Japan has one of the best air forces in the world.
JASDF support command is in charge of the weather, rescue, monitoring, control inspection and transportation and the Air training command are in-charge of the basic technical and flying training. Also, air-development and test command are responsible for development and research of equipment, research of flight medicine and development.
- Top 10 Best Defensive Midfielders In The World
- TOP 10 RICHEST SPORTS IN THE WORLD
- RICHEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD TOP 10 Net Worth
- Highest Minimum Wages In The World – Top 10 Countries
- Top 20 Highest Paid Footballers in The World
CONCLUSION ON THE TOP 10 BEST AIR FORCES IN THE WORLD 2018
Here you have the list of the top ten best air force in the world. They are advancing and improving daily. Some, if not all of the countries listed above are still researching to produce more sophisticated fighter crafts that no other has, preparing and fortifying themselves against present or future attack from an enemy.
Tags: world best Air forces in the world