How To Apply For UNICEF Jobs In Nigeria 2019 – United Nations Children’s Fund known as UNICEF is a United Nations (UN) program with its headquarters located in New York City. It was established on 11th December 1946. This program provides humanitarian and developmental assistance to children and mothers in developing countries of the world. It belongs to the United Nations Development Group.
UNICEF JOBS IN NIGERIA 2019 – CURRENT OPENINGS
- TA Nutrition Officer, No-B, 364 Days, Abuja, Nigeria
- Locations: Nigeria
- Work Type: Temporary
The occupant of the position will provide support to the Nutrition Section in providing specific technical support and guidance for scale-up of implementation of CIYCF practices by supporting operationalization of SBCC and MIYCN plans in focus states.
- Give technical guidance and support for the implementation of a modeling system to improve dietary diversity in 2 LGAs of Kano state and documentation of lessons learned for scale up.
- Support in scaling up IYCF component of the Nutrition program by the implementation of MIYCN and IYCF/SBCC operational plans in supported states.
- Support in the harmonization process to implement CIYCF counseling approaches together with the use of complementary feeding teaching videos and integration with MNP using CMAM program as an entry point. Also, ensure that there is regular monitoring of implementation including in emergency areas.
- Ensure Early Childhood Nutrition needs are identified in collaboration with FO colleagues including supplies and training needs and appropriate actions are timely taken
- Ensure monthly and quarterly analytical reports from all levels of implementation are timely done and feedback communicated effectively to the program manager and time shared with other stakeholders
- In collaboration with the program manager and Nutrition data officer ensure that the nutrition program reports are also channeled through the existing state and national health system reporting arrangements monthly
- Undertake quarterly Joint Supportive supervision (State and lower levels),
University degree in one of the following areas: Public Health & Nutrition, Health Sciences, International Health and Nutrition, Public Health and Nutrition Policy and Management. Other fields to be considered are Family and Community Health and Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Health and Nutrition Education, Health and Nutrition Promotion and Disease Prevention.
3 years minimum of professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and programming and/or in relevant areas of Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition.
Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and management in any system or agency of the UN or any organization is an asset. Background/familiarity with Emergency.
Fluency in English and any local working languages preferably Hausa
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- OPENING DATE: —
Application Link – https://www.unicef.org/nigeria/about_8630.html
JOB TITLE: TEMPORARY APPOINTMENT: EMERGENCY SPECIALIST, P-3
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Work Type: Temporary
- Emergency preparedness is effectively arranged together with the establishment of country contingency plans and early warning mechanisms.
- Emergency preparedness and response plans address gender issues that may be expected to intensify during emergencies.
- Emergency plans of action are developed, and compliance and coordination of all sectors with the plans are implemented.
- Technical advice on emergencies and program management related to the implementation of emergency preparedness measures are effectively provided.
- Emergency preparedness and response, and a consistent flow of information of the humanitarian situation are effectively coordinated within the office.
- Substantive improvements are made in the emergency preparedness and response capability of UNICEF staff and implementing partners through the conduct of effective training activities.
- In the case of an emergency, UNICEF’s presence is promptly established and the initial emergency operational tasks are effectively executed. Also, provision of support for information communication technology, telecommunications facility and all staff security-related assistance in the country office.
- Needs assessment is effectively conducted to determine priorities as well as an appropriate intervention by UNICEF based on the local emergency situation affecting children, their families, and community.
- Timely delivery of assistance and supplies is provided, urgent staff needed are identified, and the appropriate use of UNICEF resources is monitored for effective project delivery.
- Emergency appeals and project proposals are prepared. Also, concerted efforts are put forward on mobilization and donor response as well as recovery/rehabilitation-related funding.
- Long-term requirements of the emergency operation/interventions are determined to help build a regular operational and staffing structure.
- Continuous, effective and strategic coordination, communication, consultation, and liaison are kept with the Government, UN agencies, NGOs, donors as well as allies in support of the special needs of children as well as women affected by emergency situations within the framework of the cluster approach and based on the Core Commitment for Children.
- Management is constantly informed of humanitarian developments in all relevant policies, situation developments, potential threats, and opportunities/issues in the country.
- Preparedness for emergency and response strategies are mainstreamed in the country office’s work plans. Sectoral input is made available for all related documents for the office’s Preparedness and Response to Emergency as well as for the Situation Analysis and the Country Program Document.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
Advanced Degree in any of these fields: Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Law, Public Health, Nutrition, International Relations, Business Administration or any other related disciplines.
- WORK EXPERIENCE
5 years professional work experience at national and international levels in program/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation as well as administration.
- LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Fluency in English is required
- APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
- Application Link – https://www.unicef.org/nigeria/about_8630.html
Job Title: Communication for Development Specialist (C4D)/Polio NOC
- LOCATION: MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- WORK TYPE: FIXED TERM
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- The Communication for Development Specialist reports to the Polio Manager for general guidance and supervision
- This specialist provides technical and operational support for developing a systematic, planned and evidence-based strategy and process for C4D as an integral part of program development, planning and implementation
- Through communication and engagement and also the empowerment and participation of stakeholders, communities, children, civil society partners, and government counterparts, the holder of the position promotes measurable behavioral and social change/mobilization
- This then contributes to the achievement of sustainable and obvious results in improving children’s rights, survival, and well-being across the country.
KEY FUNCTION, ACCOUNTABILITIES, AND RELATED DUTIES/TASKS
Support to Strategy Design and Development of C4D Activities:
- Conduct and participate in comprehensive C4D situation analysis of social, cultural, economic and political issues in the country/region. This would be done through national/subnational working groups or committees. Assess/synthesize qualitative and quantitative information, data and evidence to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning the C4D component of the Country Program of Cooperation.
- Participate in country-specific program planning and reviews to contribute to discussions on the underlying and contextual issues to be addressed so as to ensure the successful and sustainable delivery of program results as well as provide technical recommendations on approaches, strategies, and plans of action for C4D to promote behavioral and social change.
- Prepare and provide quality assurance on materials and related documentation for C4D strategies and plans so as to ensure optimum impact, scale, and sustainability of achievements/results.
- Collaborate/consult partners and stakeholders to ensure synergy, integration, coherence, and harmonization of C4D activities with UNICEF MTSP, CO global communications and advocacy activities. Also, on UN System development activities and initiatives at the CO level, including in humanitarian response.
Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in any one or more of these areas. Social development program planning as well as communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
Fluency in English is needed
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
HOW TO APPLY
Visit the UNICEF website in Nigeria for more details and application link – https://www.unicef.org/nigeria/opportunities – Type this in your browser
- LATEST FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT JOBS IN NIGERIA
- BRISIN RECRUITMENT SCHEME – HOW TO APPLY
- FRSC SALARY PAYROLL SCALE AND STRUCTURE
- FRSC SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES FOR RECRUITMENT
- Federal Road Safety Corps FRSC Screening Date, Requirements & Mail Copy
Conclusion On How To Apply For UNICEF Jobs In Nigeria 2019
UNICEF puts out job offers as the need arises. It is important that individuals interested in working for the organization stay updated about job openings there.
Tags: Currenct Openings For UNICEF Jobs In Nigeria