Top 20 Tourist Attractions In Nigeria 2020 – A visit to the “giants of Africa” is sure not going to be a bad idea, there are lots of fun and historical sites to visit around the country. Am sure you also won’t be expecting less from the largest black nation, a visit to Lagos, Calabar, Abuja, and other top cities in the country is sure to leave an indelible mark on your memory. In this article, we have carefully compiled the top 20 tourist attractions In Nigeria you can visit, trust me it has not been easy to compile as there are over 100 lovely sites spread across the 36 states of the country. Let go into the list;
Top 20 Tourist Attraction In Nigeria 2020
- The Ibeno Beach: Located in Akwa Ibom state is one place you sure should visit as a tourist in Nigeria. This beach is stretched over 245km, its a very lively site.
- Osun-Osogbo Grove: The Osun-Osogbo festival is one of the most popular festivals in Nigeria today. This grove is now one of the most visited tourist attractions in Nigeria today.
- Obudu Mountain Resort: Even before your planned visit to Nigeria am sure you must have heard a little bit about Obudu Mountain Resort in Cross River State. This is the perfect spot for tourists, there are loads of spectacles for you here.
- Ngwo Pine Forest: Are you an adventure seeker? If yes, then the Ngwo Pine forest in Enugu state is a perfect place for you. This site is going to give you some memorable moments.
- Port Harcourt Tourist Beach: Here is an artificial sand beach in Nigeria, I know you might be shocked to know there is also an artificial sand beach in Nigeria, well visit this site and have one of the best times of your life.
- Gashaki-Gumpti National Park: Let’s talk about the Gashaki-Gumpti national park which offers you insight on the medieval times in Nigeria. This is the largest and most diverse national park in the country and it is located in Taraba state.
- Alok Ikom Monoliths: one of the top tourist attractions in Nigeria, you are going to find 300 carved stones standing upright in circles. This top tourist spot is located in Cross River state.
- Awhum Waterfall: Waterfalls are fun and the Awhim waterfall in Enugu state is no exception. This is one of the top religious tourist sites in Nigeria and highly recommended, if you are visiting the country.
- Arochukwu Long Juju Slave Route: Heard about the god of Arochukwu? Well, this is nothing related to that, here is a top tourist attraction at the moment and makes this list cause it has a lot to offer you.
- Isaac Boro Garden Park: This park is located in Port Harcourt and one of the best tourist attractions in Nigeria and deservedly makes it on this list.
- The Tinapa Free Zone & Resort: You must be familiar with this name, well, this is now one of the top tourist attraction in Nigeria at the moment and is located at Calabar, Cross River State.
- The Emotan Statue: This statue is located in Benin City opposite the Oba market and attracts numerous tourists from all corners of the world.
- The Royal Palace Of Oba Of Benin: This site is now listed as a UNESCO heritage site to show you how popular it is. This site is located near King’s square and is a sure place for you to visit.
- Sukur Cultural Landscape: This site is blessed with so many things that you can’t explore all on a visit, this place is blessed with lush avifauna and situated on to of a mountain.
- Queen Amina’s Wall: If you visit this country with the intention of checking out the best tourist attractions in Nigeria, your journey is incomplete without a visit to Queen Amina’s wall in Kaduna state.
- Surame Cultural Landscape: Yet another perfect landscape to make this list. Here is a UNESCO World Heritage site in Nigeria which I would love you to visit anytime soon.
- The Giant Footprint of Ukhuse Oke: This tourist site is located in Owan, Edo state, where you are going to have a view of a spot which prehistory meets the modern. The site of the footprint of a prehistoric giant is a really good place for every tourist in Nigeria.
- Ogbunike Caves, Enugu State: Finally on this list of the top 20 tourist attractions in Nigeria is Ogbunike caves in Enugu state, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site you are sure to have a time of your life here. There are 317 steps that need to be used to descend down to the caves, and it’s sure going to be fun.
That’s all on “Top 20 Tourist Attractions In Nigeria”, share your thoughts and suggestions with us through the comment box and like us on facebook @ facebook.com/9jaquest or follow us on twitter.com/NaijaQuest.
Tags: Top 20 Tourist Attractions In Nigeria 2020, Obudu cattle ranch, Obudu mountain resort