N-Power Build, how does it work? It is one of the N-Power Program that is people-oriented initiatives designed and implemented by the federal government of Nigeria to harness the potentials and abilities of Nigerian youths. In addition, N-Power is an accelerated training and certification (ranges from Skills to Job) program that will engage and train over 75,000 unemployed Nigerian youths with the aim of raising and building a new set of a competent and highly skilled workforce of technicians, artisans and service professionals. In this article, we’ll be discussing all you need to know about N-Power, how to apply, requirements, and every necessary step to take.
N-POWER BUILD – ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
N-Power came to existence under the regime of the present Nigerian government headed by President Muhammad Buhari. His aim of establishing this programmer was to alleviate unemployment among Nigerian youths. The driving force of economic growth, as well as the social development of a nation, includes Skills and knowledge. Harnessing Nigeria’s young demography through appropriate skill development efforts despite the current high level of unemployment, this initiative makes provision for an opportunity to achieve inclusion and productivity in the country. Additionally, Large-scale skill development is the principal policy thrust of the N-Power Program.
N-Power is a policy initiated by the Federal Governments in the economic, employment, and social development areas. The essence of designing the N-Power Program is to address the challenge of youth unemployment through the provision of a structure for large-scale, important, and relevant work skills acquisition and development while associating its core and outcomes to amending and fixing inadequate public services and to stir the larger economy. The defragmented program under N-Power will make sure that each participant learns and practice most of what is needful and important to find or establish work. To further expand the program, the creation of The N-Power Volunteer Corp is an also a part of the N-Power initiative which involves the deployment of 500,000 graduates who are trained and are expected to assist as well as improve the inadequacies in Nigerian public services in education, health, and civic education. Some of the candidates who graduated will also help in actualizing Nigeria’s economic and strategic aspirations of achieving food security and self-sufficiency.
N-Power also will become a platform for diversifying the Nigerian economy. N-Power is a medium to prepare the Nigerian youths for a knowledge economy where they are been equipped with world-class skills and certification, thereby becoming movers and innovators both in the domestic and global economic markets. The advent of this initiative will provide Nigeria with a pool of hardware service professionals, software developers, animators, graphic artists, building services professionals, artisans, and others. Not just that alone, N-Power also focuses on providing Nigerian non-graduates with relevant and necessary technical and business skills that enhance their work outlook and livelihood.
This program is an initiative embedded in the N-Power Program. This particular program aims to develop the market for a wide range of technicians, artisanal, and service professional jobs primarily in the housing and infrastructure construction value chain and then migrate to all other economic sectors. The essence is to increase the percentage of Nigerian youths’ employment thus introducing and engaging them to fill high demand job opportunities, by so doing improving their income and making the job cares lucrative to average Nigerian youth.
N-Power training centers are located and scattered across the 6 geopolitical zones in the country and they are about 250. Two of these programs participating in training Centers which are ANAMMCO in Enugu and the Multi-Skill Entrepreneurship Development Centre, Obingwa-Aba, AbiaStates are among the Build N-program training center. These training providers enter a partnership with the Federal Government’s N-Power program to train the beneficiaries.
Apart from providing accelerated training and certification to successful candidates, the program is undoubtedly helping to create jobs especially for the teeming population of women and youths and indeed helping to elevate the average Nigerians out of poverty and other social problems.
There is various specialization or fields under the N-Power (Build). Thus, focusing participant’s attention on industries under N-Power (Build) include:
- Building Services
- Built Environment Services
- Aluminum and Gas
- Selection Preference for N-Power (Build)
Despite the program is free to apply and enroll in, there are some criteria to be met before one can enroll or be selected for N-build and these include:
- Those that are currently Unemployed
- Applicants who do not have a degree or diploma Selection preferences
- Should be between the ages of 18-35
- Interest in fixing, building and creating things
this program is not a lifetime contract or a long contracted job, but there are a limit and period a participant can be in the scheme, afterward, he or she is dissolving so that a fresh course with fresh candidates can begin. However, this program lasts for 12 months after which a new recruitment process is done.
- Job under N- Power (Build)
this program participants can specialize and as well as aim for a career in areas such as construction, works, and housing. Possible areas in this program include:
- Building/Construction Project Management
- Furniture Making and Design
- Electrical Maintenance and Repairs Services
- Building and Construction services
Note: persons who applied and are preselected for this program should please bear the following under listed in mind:
- N-Power Program duration is 12 months.
- During the 12 months period, this program beneficiaries are to spend 3 months in approved and accredited Training Centers while the rest 9 months apprenticeship with partnering companies in order to have additional first-hand experiential learning leading to final job placement or offering of their services as technicians and contractors.
- All N-build beneficiaries that are verified get training work tools and training consumables distributed to N-Power training partners.
- Beneficiaries will be paid 10,000 as a monthly stipend for the 12 months duration.
- The requirement for N-Power (Build) Physical Verification
Nigerian youths who are interested in this program training can freely apply whenever N-Power registration begins. Applicants who are then Pre-selected go through physical verification exercise. The requirements for N-Power (build) physical verification include:
- ID card – successful candidates need to present a valid and acceptable national identification that indicates their identity.
- Birth certificate – candidates are to present a valid document showing their age and date of birth. This is to authenticate that candidates are within the specified age range.
- Proof of address of residence – candidates can present documents (i.e. light bill, water bill, etc.) indicating their address or place of residence.
- N-Power (Build) Requirements
N-Power program intended to provide an avenue where most Nigerians especially the youths can have access to skills acquisition and development. However, during this period, the initial program under the N-Power scheme is designed for Nigerian citizens who are between the ages of 18 and 35. More so, you will be required to meet the minimum requirements (if there is any) for your respective program. The selection process includes:
- You indicate and show a genuine interest in whichever area you decide;
- You must pass the relevant tests;
- You should be ready to go beyond your comfort zone;
- You must have the ability to indicate your interest to develop all the skills needed to be the best you can be.
Even though there are fixed requirements, you are expected to take ownership of the process and making the most of the training that you will receive.
Under N-Power, Graduate connotes any post-tertiary qualification including a National Diploma (ND) or Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) or as may be specified by the program.
- How to Apply for N-Power (Build) 2020/2021 Recruitment
Now that you are acquainted with the basic and necessary requirements for these categories on N-Power, you can follow the step shown below.
- Eligible candidates who want to apply should go to the N-Power portal or click on www.portal.npower.gov.ng/n-build.
- It is important that candidates should note that this program is eligible for only undergraduates or non-graduates. Upon registration, you will not be required to make any payment. This connotes that, the application is totally free of charge.
- The application form can as well be downloaded.
- If you are not satisfied and need more clarification or have any questions with regards to this, kindly put it down below the comment box.
Conclusion On N-Power (Build) – All You Need To Know
N-Power is presently one of the avenues most Nigeria youths apply for on a yearly basis. The program has yielded positive results since inception. N-Power (Build) is a very unique scheme which is very much welcome and needed in a trying time like this. Also, many Nigerian youths enroll in the scheme yearly so as to be empowered and be equipped so that they can be self-reliant rather than be idle. Also, Nigerians have praised and welcomed this program with open hands. It is hoped that a new regime or leadership to come in from next year can continue this scheme until all Nigerian youths are fully empowered.
Tag: N-Power Build How It Works 2020/2021 – All You Need To Know