IMSU Cut Off Mark 2020/2021 Courses Jamb and Post UTME} – Imo State University is one of the most popular state universities in the country, and it attracts tons of aspirants each year. If you are an aspirant of the institution that wants to know certain relevant things that can aid you in your admission process, this article is just for you.
After Jamb, a lot of candidates are usually keen on knowing IMSU Jamb cut off mark, so they can be aware if they can successfully pass through the next stage or not. However, we want you to know that as far as Imo State University admission is concerned for this year, no cut off mark has been set due to various important reasons (but we expect some announcements in the coming months)
IMSU Jamb Cut Off Mark 2020/2021
Last year, the institution’s cut off mark was 180, and it is likely to be the same thing that will be made use of this session. Therefore, as an aspirant of this University, get ready for anything.
All aspirants should know that this year’s cut off mark is yet to be announced by the school and so, what we have here is the one used during the 2020/2021 session, and we are hoping it would give you an idea of what to expect this time around too.
After Jamb has been sorted out, then the next stage is the announcement of the commencement of IMSU post UTME screening exercise – which will begin with the sales of the form. The institution will inform aspirants how to get the form, the amount they are to pay for it, the proper way to register without issues, the deadline for registration, and so on.
IMSU Cut Off Mark
The management of Imo State University will also make known the model that would be adopted for the conduct of the post UTME screening exercise this year. They might really decide to make do with a written examination, or just settle for the usage of O Level results and Jamb score. Therefore, wisdom demands that aspirants of the institution should be prepared in all ways by continuing to study and embracing their books, so they won’t be met unawares. It is actually easy to dump your books right now after you are done with Jamb. However, if you don’t want this to slip from your fingers this year, ensure you discipline yourself towards continuous study. In fact, when you become an undergraduate, the habit of constant reading will definitely help you a lot to become a successful student.
After the post UTME screening exercise is completed, IMSU would then release their departmental cut off mark, which will determine if a department will admit an aspirant or not. It is simple. Anyone who was able to successfully meet up with what was attached to his or her department of choice will be admitted into the University. On the other hand, anyone that couldn’t beat his or her own cut off mark won’t be admitted this year
So, basically, this year’s departmental cut off mark is yet to be released since IMSU is yet to conduct a post UTME screening exercise for her aspirants.
IMSU Departmental Cut Off Mark For All Courses 2020
Nevertheless, here are the courses offered by the Imo State University, as well as the cut off used last session:
- – Department of Economics – 233
- – Department of Mass Communication – 237
- – Department of Geography and Environmental Management – 188
- – Department of Political Science – 240
- – Department of Psychology – 214
- – Department of Accountancy – 236
- – Department of Banking &Finance – 229
- – Department of Insurance – 192
- – Department of Management – 220
- – Department of Marketing – 215
- – Department of Agric Econs & Ext – 182
- – Department of Animal Sci &Fisheries – 181
- – Department of Crop Sci & biotech – 183
- – Department of Soil Sci &biotech – 198
- – Department of Edu. Admin – 190
- – Department of Edu. Foundation – 182
- – Department of Edu Accounting -182
- – Department of Edu. Economics – 208
- – Department of Edu. Fine & applied arts – 194
- Department of Edu. Geo-Phy – 186
- – Department of Edu. Mathematics – 186
- – Department of Edu. Psychology – 193
- – Department of Guidance &Councelling – 182
- – Department of Lib. & info science – 206
- – Department of Architecture – 220
- – Department of Building – 190
- – Department of Surveying & Geoinformatics – 180
- – Department of Fine & applied arts – 184
- – Department of Land Surveying – 192
- – Department of Quantity Surveying – 191
- – Department of Urban and Regional Planning – 187
- – Department of Optometry – 249
- – Department of Medical Laboratory Science – 200
- – Department of Biochemistry – 230
- – Department of Nursing Science – 205
- – Department of Nutrition and Dietetics – 202
- – Department of History & Int’l studies – 220
- – Department of Igbo & linguistics – 188
- – Department of Philosophy – 188
- – Department of Religious studies – 180
- – Department of Botany – 189
- – Department of Biochemistry – 230
- – Department of Chemistry / Ind. Chemistry – 207
- – Department of Computer science -238
- – Department of Ind. Physics – 191
- – Department of Mathematics & Ind. Mathematics – 187
- – Department of Microbiology / Ind. Microbiology – 245
- – Department of Physics – 192
- – Department of Statistics – 182
- – Department of Zoology – 257
- – Department of Agric Engineering – 180
- – Department of Civil Engineering – 220
- – Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering – 229
- – Department of Food science Tech – 200
- – Department of Mechanical Engineering – 221
Important Things To Know About Imo State University
- IMSU was actually founded in 1981 and is located in Owerri, in the Eastern part of the country.
- The institution came alive via law No. 4 which was passed by the Imo State House of Assembly in 1981, and it keeps growing ever since then.
- Upon its establishment, IMSU admitted just 392 students, and the first set of graduates left about four years later.
- In 1991, Abia State was carved from Imo State, and with that, the campus that was located in Uturu campus became that of Abia State University (which remains so till this moment)
- The School is a fully functional institution in Nigeria that has been able to do some amazing things in the Nigerian educational sector. The majority of the programmes offered by the institution actually have full accreditation from the National Universities Commission of Nigeria, and the lecturers ensure they dish out quality education to students.
- Some years before now, a sort of research was conducted by the National Universities Commission (NUC). It was discovered that IMSU is the State University that the public embraced the most amidst its peers (I.e other state universities in the country). In fact, according to the research, IMSU was the 10th overall among both state and federal universities.
- The institution used to be within the campus of Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education before moving to its own premises of 4 buildings.
- In 1993, the Joint Admission Matriculation Board were the ones that sent students over to IMSU, and since then, just like other institutions in the country, aspirants must pass Jamb examination before coming in.
- In the year 1992, the National Universities Commission also formally approved the re-establishment of IMSU. Prof T. O. C. Was made the Vice-Chancellor of the institution with the responsibility of relocating and re-establishing the school. The School remains one of the best in the Eastern part of Nigeria, and it is hoped that it will keep growing.
We wish you the best in your efforts to become a bonafide student of Imo State University.
Tag: IMSU Cut Off Mark 2020