Here is a list of Spanish passport visa-free countries you can travel to today. We hope you enjoy it.
Spain is a European country and has one of the most powerful passports in the world. Its passport is actually ranked 3rd and allows a holder visit over 156 countries and territories visa-free/ visa on arrival. If you are a foreigner living in there, you can apply for a Spanish passport if you have acquired Spanish citizenship.
This pass will entitle you to certain additional benefits such as being able to travel around the world as an EU citizen. We will discuss here how to apply for and obtain Spanish citizenship and passport.
Spanish Passport Visa Free Countries 2019
If you hold a Spanish passport, you can visit the following countries without first applying for and getting a visa before your trip:
Spanish Visa Free Countries Entry Under European Treaties
The following countries are open to Spanish citizens under European treaties.
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 6 Months
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 183 Days
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 180 Days
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 4 Months
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 3 Months
- Antigua and Barbuda
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Kenya offers Visa-on-arrival for a fee of USD50.
- Kuwait will grant Visa-on-arrival for a fee of KWD5.
- Turkey also will grant Visa-on-arrival for a fee of USD20.
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 90 Days
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- South Korea
- Nicaragua will grant you Visa-on-arrival after paying a fee of USD10.
- Zambia will grant a Spanish passport holder Visa-on-arrival for a fee of USD50.
Loving our Spanish passport visa free countries article? Read on…
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 1 Month
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 30 Days
- United Arab Emirates
- Egypt offers Visa-on-arrival for a fee of USD15.
- Indonesia will grant Visa-on-arrival for a fee of USD25.
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 21 Days
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 14 Days
- Bahrain will offer you Visa-on-arrival for a fee of BHD5.
All Other Destinations
Loved this Spanish passport visa free countries? To visit other countries of the world or to stay for longer periods in countries on this list, you may be required to obtain a visa.
The Spanish Passport
A foreign resident within Spanish territory with Spanish citizenship is eligible to apply for a Spanish passport. Acquiring a Spanish passport will allow you to travel around the world as a citizen of the European Union and enjoy the many benefits that bring. Spanish passports are issued only by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation (Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores y de Cooperacion).
In the year 2006, Spain began issuing biometric passports with an electronic chip that contains all the key personal information of the passport holder.
The standard Spanish biometric passport is a 32-page burgundy booklet which contains the holder’s photograph, signature, key personal information as well as the unique passport number. Spanish passports being issued currently also include the holder’s fingerprints. There are currently 4 types of Spanish passports that can be issued. These are:
- Standard Spanish passport (Pasaporte ordinary), a biometric passport issued to citizens for ordinary travel
- Collective Spanish passport (Pasaporte colectivo), a limited passport with a validity of three months issued for occasions such as pilgrimages where a reciprocal agreement with the destination country is in place
- Diplomatic Spanish passport (Pasaporte diplomatic), issued to government officials and Spanish diplomats
- Official and service passports (Pasaporte oficiales y de service), issued to officials representing the Spanish government on official business
It is quite possible to be a Spanish citizen without getting an on official Spanish passport. All citizens in Spain are eligible to apply instead for an identity card known as the Documento Nacional de Identidad (DNI).
This document acts as proof of nationality and will enable the holder travel around the EU, the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland as well as short-term visits to most of the rest of countries on the European continent.
Spanish Passport Application
Some of the benefits of holding a Spanish passport include:
- Free entry and exit of Spain as often as you wish and as long as your passport is valid.
- Travel around the world as a Spanish and EU citizen
- Travel to over 156 countries either visa-free or visa on arrival. Spain is ranked 3rd amongst all countries in the world on the Passport Index.
- You will also be able to hold dual nationality and have two passports if you are a citizen of a Spanish-American country, Andorra, Equatorial Guinea, the Philippines or Portugal, or are of Sephardic Jewish descent. Nationals of other countries will have to give up citizenship of their home country in order to acquire Spanish citizenship and obtain a Spanish passport.
Spanish Passport Eligibility
Spanish passport eligibility is based solely on having Spanish citizenship. Ordinarily, you are eligible to apply for Spanish citizenship after 10 years of legal residence in the country. There are also certain circumstances such as marriage or having a parent with Spanish nationality which will result in the waiver or the reduction of the standard wait time of 10 years.
Other requirements for obtaining Spanish citizenship include the ability to speak the Spanish language and also have no serious criminal record.
Applying For A Spanish Passport
Application for a Spanish passport can be submitted through any of the following places:
- Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Your local Spanish police station
- Spanish embassy or consulate if you are abroad
In order to apply for a Spanish passport, you will be required to provide a valid ID such as DNI plus your previous passport if you are applying for renewal of your Spanish passport. You will also be required to provide a recent color 36 x 22mm photograph. If you are applying to Spain, you will need to make a prior appointment.
Your Spanish passport will be issued to you as soon as your documents have been processed if you are applying within Spain. The procedure for applying through a Spanish embassy or consulate abroad varies depending on the country you are applying from.
Renewing A Spanish Passport
The validity of Spanish passports are as follows:
- Two years for children aged under 5
- Five years for those aged under 30 when the passport was issued
- Ten years for those aged 30 and above when the passport was issued
You can apply for renewal of your Spanish passport once your existing passport has less than 12 months of validity left on it. The process for renewal is generally the same as applying for a Spanish passport for the first time only that you have to provide your old passport in this case.
If you have renewed your national ID within the last two years, you won’t be required to provide a new passport photograph.
Fee For Acquiring Spanish Passport
The standard fee for processing a Spanish passport is €26 whether it is the first passport, renewal or replacement. This fee can be paid in cash at the office where your passport is being issued or through the telematics service (information available here in Spanish).
Spanish passports can be issued free of charge if you meet certain conditions and also qualify for the beneficiary of large family status.
- POLAND PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES
- FRENCH PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES List
- List of Schengen Countries in Europe and Capitals
- TOP 15 BEST STRIKERS IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- FINLAND EDUCATION SYSTEM FACTS, RANKING, REFORM AND CURRICULUM
Conclusion on Spanish Passport Visa Free Countries 2019
The countries on this list are open to a Spanish passport holder to visit or stay in for a stipulated period of time without requiring a visa or he or she is granted visa on arrival for a fee. If you hold a Spanish Passport, time to pick it up and tour the world.
Share our post on Spanish passport visa free countries if you like it.
Tag: Spanish Passport Visa Free Countries 2019