Before diving into the process and how to apply for the Nigeria Customs Service recruitment 2018 portal processes, it is important that we have the aptness to disseminate excellent and correct information of the Nigeria Customs. NCS is an acronym for The Nigeria Customs Service; it is an independent agency under the supervision of the Nigerian Ministry of Finance. The agency is responsible for the collection of revenues and anti-smuggling efforts.
How To Apply For Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2018 Portal And All You Need To Know
News about Nigeria Customs service recruitment 2018 has been everywhere and many are really anticipating. The major news is about when NCS recruitment 2018 will actually commence?
There’s one thing you need to note before you continue reading this article is to note. Nigeria Customs service recruitment form is Free. Don’t make any cash payment to anyone so as to obtain the applicable registration form. Report anyone who requests payment from you or any form of gratification.
Be sure to keep reading daily posts to see the latest update concerning Nigeria Customs service 2018 recruitment Form 2018. You can always visit the NSC official website www.Customs.gov.ng.
How To Apply For The Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment Form
Several questions have been asked on how to apply for the Nigeria Customs service recruitment 2018/2019, but worry no more as we prepared a helpful guide for you not falling victim to scams.
There are things and some procedure expected from applicants interested in applying for the NCS job must experience, to prepare you to be mindful as well as the place you in the correct approach to achieve your dream of joining the Nigeria custom.
However, some online sites claim that the 2018 recruitment form for the NCS has commenced, but the agency itself is yet to make any official announcement to this effect. There is a need to be careful and beware of in genuine information.
Foremost, Recruitment of the Nigeria Customs service is done once every year only, and as always 2018 won’t be different from the norm that has been laid down, but when the form is out, interested applicants willing to work in this commission should apply, yet the date still remains unknown, but hopefully, we expect it shouldn’t take too long to be out as plans are likely in place to release the form is ongoing. While that is been done, you should get all necessary documents leaving no stone unturned that is needed to enroll and apply for this job when released.
It is advisable that applicants seeking to apply for the Nigeria Customs service recruitment 2018/2019 to kindly verify online sources carefully and don’t rush into any scheme to avoid fraud and fraudsters, ensure to always visit the official commission website www.customs.gov.ng for clarification of any information regarding recruitments.
Interested applicants who want to apply for NCS job should fill out the recruitment form online at https://www.customs.gov.ng.
- Fill the online recruitment form
- Parent / guardian consent form.
- Acknowledgment form.
- Local government attestation form
- Print application form and fill it in
- Prepare the required set of documents, such as
- Local government attestation form;
- Parent consent form;
- Acknowledgment form.
Note: Nigeria Customs recruitment 2018 is yet to commences and it is not ongoing likewise There’s no online application form yet.
Applications from suitably qualified persons for full-time appointments to the following positions in the Nigeria Customs Service are invited.
The minimum qualifications required from interested applicants willing to apply for the NSC job are SSCE / NECO and / GCE / NCE / ND / HND / BSc /. All the applicants who wish to apply as a man (Superintendent Cadre) and women (Superintendent Cadre) must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
Note: Male applicants should be 1.68 meters tall or more than, while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR NCS RECRUITMENT
- Foremost, you must be a Nigerian
- Then, you must be up to the required age limit.
- Most importantly you need a valid national ID card before applying for Nigeria customs service recruitment.
What You Need To Know About The Nigeria Customs (NCS)
It was established in 1891, NCS was mandated with the responsibility of collecting revenue, accounting for revenue collected and anti-smuggling activities. Today, trade facilitation has become a fundamental role and part of the NCS function. This function is progressively seen by the government as an important element of making economic policy, with Customs having a unique position within the hub of the international supply chain of goods and services.
Accordingly, NCS has its own challenges and one of the challenges is the foreseeing the management of seeming contrary role of ensuring improvements in speedy service delivery, while maintaining procedural and effective intervention controls, necessary to meet the demands of complex and growing international trade, characterized in recent times by economic crime, money laundering, menace of terrorism, threatening weapons of mass destruction, violation of intellectual property rights, and dumping of toxic and hazardous substances. It is important to note, that the Nigeria Customs Service that has for long been a steward of Nigeria’s trade and border management is not only under pressure like never before, but evident that NCS role to perform at the highest levels is enlarged, to facilitate and ensure legitimate trade in a global environment entertaining a litany of threats.
THE MISSION OF THE NCS
- NCS is a reference and model administration with excellence in providing effective and efficient service to accomplish all dimensions of its mission.}}}
- That the Service rendered by NSC is a modern, compact and dynamic Service that influences policy and contributes to Nigeria development.
- Lastly, that the Service is recognized as being in the vanguard of Customs best practices and international standards.
The vision of the Nigeria Customs Service
- To ensure that NSC excels in the efficient and timely collection of and accounting for revenue.
- To ensure the Implementation of and advise on Governmental trade and fiscal policies;
- To ensure Promotion of trade facilitation;
- The ensure the protection of Nigerian society, generation of accurate and precise statistical data by developing a professional, transparent administration that implements international best practices and obligations.
STRUCTURE OF THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE
The Comptroller General is the head of Nigeria Customs Service and oversees the work and all activities of five deputy comptroller generals in the following departments:
- Corporate Support Services;
- Tariff & Trade;
- Enforcement, Investigation, and Inspection;
- Modernization, Research, and Economic Relations;
- Excise, Industrial Incentives, and Free Trade Zone;
- Human Resource Development.
The minister of finance is the chairman of the NCS board, while the service’s comptroller general who is not a career Customs staff is the vice – chairman.
Functions of the Nigeria Customs Service
The core functions of the Nigeria Customs Service includes
- Collection of Revenue i.e. Import and Excise Duties and Accounting for same.
- Prevention and suppression of smuggling.
Other Functions of NCS
- NSC ensures the implementation of Government Fiscal Measures
- Generation of statistical data for planning purpose
- Trade Facilitation
- Implementation of bilateral and multilateral agreements entered into by the government
- Collection of levies and charges
- NSC also carries out Collaborative functions with government Agencies including CBN, Police, NDLEA, SON, NAFDAC, FIRS, etc.
- The Service also supports the combating of:
- They punter illegal commercial activities and trade in illicit goods, e.g. import of fake and sub-standard goods
- Infraction on Intellectual Property Rights
- Illegal international trade in endangered species
- Illegal trade in arms and ammunition
- Money laundering
- Traffic of illicit drugs
- Illegal trade in cultural Artifacts.
- Importation of pornographic materials
- Importation of toxic and hazardous substances.
- FRSC SALARY PAYROLLSCALE AND STRUCTURE
- Federal Road Safety Corps FRSC Screening Date, Requirements & Mail Copy
- FRSC SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES FOR RECRUITMENT
- NIGERIA IMMIGRATION RECRUITMENT PORTAL Requirements & How To Apply
- NIGERIA POLICE FORCE (NPF) RECRUITMENT PORTAL, REQUIREMENTS
CONCLUSION ON HOW TO APPLY FOR NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE RECRUITMENT 2018 Portal Requirement
It is interesting to work in the Nigeria Customs Service as this is believed to be service rendered to the nation. There are criteria to be met so that one can be eligible to part and parcel of the recruitment processes. Also, avoid wrong information in online sources but visit the official sites for valid and accurate information.
Tag: Nigeria Custom Service Recruitment Portal Requirement