TOP 10 MOST EDUCATED TRIBES IN NIGERIA
Higher education is the rock/foundation of a nation’s growth. We have so many tribes in Nigeria and not all of them are interested in education. Education is very necessary for a nation, without the people being educated, who will have the chance to take over from leaders who are in higher positions in the country. A country where the young ones are not educationally sound, where will they end up? Nigeria as a country has many highly educated people living in it, education is one of the top priorities as many parents now force some of their kids to go to school, those who do not have are ready to borrow. This brought up this post on the top 10 most educated tribes in Nigeria.
Many times, they a say a man’s status in the society is not only measured by wealth but also measured by the range of academic qualification he/she has. There have been so many arguments about the most educated tribes in Nigeria, many say it’s the Yoruba, other says it’s the Igbos. But this article will help you put your mind to rest, as our reasons here for rating these tribes as the most educated will be briefly explained.
TOP 10 MOST EDUCATED TRIBES IN NIGERIA
- 1. YORUBA: I know a lot of you will argue with me because of this. Actually that is the truth, you can’t enter an educated Yoruba man’s house and see or find that his children are not educated. It is not possible, when we talk about the Yoruba people, majority of them are educated folks, that is why mostly you see them on every high seat in the country. Yoruba’s is one tribe that impress me a lot in the aspect of education, they pressurized their children in going to school and most times up to a higher degree level when they can afford it. We have so many popular poets who are Yoruba like Wole Soyinka, Nigi Osundare, Olatubosun Oladapo and many others.
- 2. IGBOS: I know lots of people will get angry for putting the Igbos at the number two spot. Now lets talk about them. The Igbos are educated when I mean educated they are and they are smart. Igbos are one of the most populated tribes today, when it comes to education many push them aside saying an Igbo man is only good in terms of business. I know lots of Igbos who are topping the charts in terms of education and they have built companies and own large properties in the country. We also have people like Chinua Achebe, Chimamanda and many others. Do you know that the owner of Diamond bank is an Igbo man whose name is Pascal Dozie, I know you will tell me it is because money is involved, but it’s a lie without the right education he will not be able to build up that bank to that level. So now you will have to agree with me they deserve to be on the number two spot.
- 3. HAUSA: If they are one of the most populated tribes in Africa and if they are not on the list of the top educated tribes in Nigeria, then they are not doing well. Yes the Hausa’s made it to the top 3 list. We have lots of educated Hausa’s in this country Nigeria. Many believe the Hausa’s are based into farming alone , when the truth is that they are also many of them who are educated in the country. We always have them at the high ranking posts in Nigeria, so what do you think?
- 4. EDO: The Edo people are the number 4 on the list, they are also one of the educated tribes in the country. The Edo people are good in terms of education, academically they are stable and they also do well. Edo state is filled up with academically individuals, many do not believe that the Edo people are educated, because of their environment and their way of life, but they are.
- 5. URHOBO: The Urhobo people top the No 5 on this list of most educated tribe in Nigeria. Go to an Urhobo family and see if he does not have a son or daughter who is a lawyer, actually feel it’s a joke, well its absolutely true. With their nature of dominating the Delta state region, they now send their children to school, in fact they do everything possible to make sure that their children are in school.
- 6. ITSEKIRI: The Itsekiri people are part of the tribe of the people who live in the Delta region. They are known for their rich culture and lots of things. Being an Itsekir man clearly means a lot of things, you should be educated, even though you are not, your kids should be. Many of them educate their children to enable them take big positions in some companies. They even go abroad to send the child to further their education if this is possible.
- 7. IJAW: We all know the Ijaw people when it comes to the oil jobs, they always want to be in that position. Ijaw tribes are also educated people they hold big positions in different companies. The Ijaws are known for their involvement in the crude oil in the country, so I belive when they send their children to school, they offer a course that fits this range, so that they can also work and focus on that part of the industry. The Ijaws are said to have given out a lot and receive small in return, I guess through education they will be able to make a great change and positive effects in the economy.
- 8. CALABAR: We really do not see this people as educated folks, but I bet you they are. Even with their funny intonation or accent, they love going to school. If you have actually seen a calabar family before, you will know what am talking about. I know many of you do feel the calabar people are not worth being on this list for some reasons but I bet you they are. I know lots of educated folks who are calabars and they are actually good when it comes to that.
- 9. IBIBIO: The Ibibio people are also tapping these charts, although they are not populated in the country, but they are also topping the charts. The Ibibio hails fom the Akwa Ibom state, so they are also known as people with rich culture and beliefs.
- 10. ISOKO: These people actually hails from Delta state, they are not populated so they are not widely known. The Isoko people are also set of educated individuals. When you see an Isoko family, you must at least have seen a person who is educated then.
In conclusion, we have almost 370 tribes in Nigeria, there are also many tribes you do not know about. So as you can see, it was very difficult and necessary for us narrowing this list down to the top 10 most educated tribes in Nigeria. All of these was as a root of through research and findings. I know some arguments have been made here, but when you also do your research, you can see that ours are true.
- NIGERIAN TRIBES AND THEIR NAMES FOR GOD (Different Languages)
- LIST OF MAJOR ETHNIC GROUPS IN NIGERIA AND MINORITY
- PETROLEUM ENGINEERING SALARIES IN NIGERIA