So What Is The Yoruba Name For Turmeric? Turmeric makes our meals more delicious, and it also has lots of benefits and uses. Also known as ‘Haldi’, it has a long history of use in herbal remedies in Asia, and it’s one of the oldest species known for its medicinal properties. The herbaceous rhizome is now popular in Nigeria, and there is already a Yoruba name for Turmeric.
Yoruba Name For Turmeric (Health Benefits & Uses)
The Yoruba name for Turmeric is Ata Ile Pupa
It is a bright yellow-coloured rhizome, a cousin of ginger (it is actually responsible for curry’s colour). The root is usually crushed into a powdered form that is widely used as a spice to prepare foods.
The herbaceous rhizome contains a compound called ‘Curcumin’ – which is the ingredient that made turmeric nutritional, medicinal and special. It has the ability to push away bacteria and viruses from harming the body, and it can be used in various forms.
Ata Ile Pupa
Apart from being grounded in spices used for cooking, it is also used in making tea – which is also beneficial.
Turmeric has various uses and can be used to archive various purposes. It is useful for those that are keen on managing their weight – as it aids fat metabolism. It can be used to stop the pain (as it is a natural painkiller) and it can be directly applied to the skin.
Turmeric can also be used to fight depression. It was used by the Chinese as a medicine for the treatment of depression. The rhizome can also be used to stop a running stomach and is also used to attack skin issues like dandruff. Turmeric can also be used to speed up wound healing and is also used to disinfect cuts and burns.
Health Benefits Of Turmeric (Ata Ile Pupa)
Turmeric has lots of health benefits. Some of them include:
- Prevention Of Cancer: Cancer is a life-threatening disease. However, turmeric contains properties that can help prevent this dangerous epidemic. The Curcumin in it has the ability to prevent the formation and growth of cancer cells – and also kill them whenever they are trying to grow.
- To prevent diseases like prostate, skin and breast cancer, you can include turmeric in your meals.
- Makes The Liver Healthy: Do you want to know what you can eat that can remove toxic substances from your body? Then let me introduce turmeric! Turmeric ejects harmful substances from the body by stimulating several enzymes, and it is a natural detoxifier good for our liver. It prevents liver issues like hepatitis and also helps repair damaged cells of the liver.
- Healthy Heart: Heart-related issues have killed lots of people before now. Many have died of heart attacks and other diseases like Atherosclerosis. However, turmeric has properties that can prevent deadly heart issues like Atherosclerosis. It clears blocked arteries, reduces inflammation and helps to reduce the risk of having a heart attack or a stroke. Turmeric hinders plaque and decreases bad cholesterol. A high level of bad cholesterol is something very dangerous that can actually kill a person. It is one of the major causes of heart problems like heart attacks and strokes. Turmeric can help reduce bad cholesterol levels in a natural manner.
- Treatment Of Diabetes And High Blood Pressure: Many people are living with diabetes today – which is something dangerous. However, turmeric has the ability to prevent and control diabetes. By including turmeric to your diet, you can get your sugar level balanced. It helps to maintain the insulin rate. However, if you are with diabetes, it is important you work closely with your doctor before including turmeric in your medication.
- This rhizome also helps in reducing blood pressure naturally. So, if you are suffering from high blood pressure, you can now smile when you begin adding turmeric in your diet. High blood pressure is caused by various factors – one of which is inflammation. Fortunately, turmeric helps to reduce inflammation and maintains blood flow of the heart.
So, instead of just concentrating on processed drugs in an attempt to beat high blood pressure, you can also put your attention on natural solutions like turmeric. However, you must work closely with your doctor before you begin making use of anything health-related.
Yoruba Name For Turmeric is Ata Ile Pupa
- Weight Loss: Many today are not comfortable with their weight. They are overweighted, and they keep struggling to lose some of them. Turmeric can help increase our metabolism rate and burn excessive fat in the body. Don’t forget that the liver is responsible for fat metabolism. Now, turmeric helps to detoxify the liver naturally. Calories will burn faster as metabolism increases.
- A Much Better Immune System: When a person has a healthy immune system, such a person won’t battle constantly with many health problems. Turmeric contains properties that can wade off fungus, bacteria, and viruses. Bacteria and fungus are responsible for various sicknesses like flu and cold. Turmeric can help protect our body from such illnesses by improving our immune systems.
You can develop the habit of taking a glass of turmeric milk on a regular basis – it helps our immunity. With a stronger immune system, you won’t fall sick occasionally.
Tags: The Yoruba name for Turmeric is Ata Ile Pupa