Paying online has been made a lot easier with Remita. www.Remita.net is in line with the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) policy of Treasury Single Account also known as TSA, whereby all payments are made into the government coffers or account to ensure transparency.
HOW TO PAY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BILLS USING REMITA
It is worthy to note here that before any payment can be made; there must be a generation of what is called an “RRR” number. “RRR” simply means Remita Retrieval Reference number, as this RRR number is very important in carrying out any financial transaction on this Remita platform. www.Remita.net is truly 100% developed in Nigeria and with no stress of fewer than 48 hours, anyone anywhere can make and receive payment online.
This e-payment platform accepts and receives payment on its website by using a visa card, verve card, master card, internet banking, bank branches, etc. It is should be stated clearly here that on this platform, there is no activation fee and it has a very low processing fee for any transaction to be done on the website which is at just 2%. It is 0.5% a little bit higher than this platform called Interswitch Webpay where transactions are also carried out.
STEPS ON HOW TO PAY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT USING WWW.REMITA.NET
The knowledge they say is power. A lack of knowledge on how to pay into the coffers of the Federal Government has seen a lot of people lost their money in this process, as scammers have also developed their own fraudulent means to redirect innocent individuals to their various sites that may look like Remita.net. In need of help? Here are the following steps you will need to follow in other to make payment to the Federal Government of Nigeria using the Remita service.
- First and foremost, you are expected to log in to the internet and type the site name known as www.Remita.net, as this will take you to the home page of Remita.
On the home page of Remita.net, a dialogue box will appear asking you what you want to pay, and also other icons are seen with each carrying a given command of their own like; Buy WAEC Pin; Buy Electricity Token; Setup Standing Order; Pay a Biller; Pay FGN and State TSA; Pay an Invoice; Resend Receipt or Invoice; Upload NHF Schedule; Sign up; Pay Family and Friends, Others; Upload Pension Schedule; Pay Salaries; Pay Taxes.
- Select on Pay FGN and State TSA, which is what you intend to do using the site.
- From the list of options displayed select Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), as this will direct you to another page because it is expected of you to fill up the required fields on this page.
- Type in the Name of MDA: The name of the MDA is the beneficiary to which such financial payment is to be made and this could be any institution or agency of government. For example, if payment is to be made into the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), the name of this agency will be inputted as it will bring up the relevant account number to be paid into.
- Input the name of the Service or Purpose: Here the purpose of payment should be clearly stated, for example, Annual luxury Surcharge (ALS), Foreign Travel Surcharge, etc.
- Description. You are required to as a matter of urgency put into writing make a description of what you intend to pay for because the description is vital in making an online payment. Often times it is optional as it can also be skipped.
- Type in the Amount to pay (#): The amount to be paid shows to the payer the correct amount that he is only charged according to what he or she intends to pay with no hidden charges attached to such payment. This is usually done in naira which is the official legal tender in Nigeria. For example, 10,000 nairas can be made for payment. Before inputting the price list, there is usually the amount item list dialogue box displaying the item, unit price, quantity, and price and therefore they can be selected accordingly.
- Input the Payer’s Full Name: This is very necessary because if a wrongly spelled name is inputted into the payer’s name, it will make it very hard for any claim to be made that such a person was the one through whom payment was made; to this effect that that amount of money was paid by the right person. Due to this, it is important that utmost care is applied towards filling in the right name in this field.
- Payer’s Email Address: In case of any hitches, difficulties experienced in payments, and for reference purposes, the payer’s email address is usually demanded in other to enable him or her in making such an online transaction at any time. For easy access to the payer, he or she must input into the dialogue box the email address correctly because after that transaction information containing the full details of the just concluded online payments will be sent into the written email account inputted while making the payment.
- Payer’s Phone Number: On this platform, it has been identified that sometimes people find it hard to make their payments, or maybe their bank accounts were debited more than the required number of times for that particular transaction, hence is the need for the payer to input his or her correct phone number which can serve a proof and for swift rectification of any payment issues. And the mobile number may vary depending on the mobile network.
- Next, you are expected to confirm the Security Captcha is complete without any errors. To confirm your transaction, you will need to key in the characters of the image into the box correctly that appeared below it. It should be noted that if an error occurs here, the payment will not continue hence the reason why a red warning will appear indicating that the captcha challenge failed. It will be required that you refresh the key in the character.
- Click on proceed to payment on the small dialogue box that appeared below the character image box.
Next Remita will generate your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number for your transaction, attached alongside is the beneficiary of such payment you intend to make at that given time and the total amount payable also stated there.
You will be asked how you want to make your payments either by using any of the following mediums:
- By paying using internet banking such as; Access bank, Diamond Bank, FCMB, Skye Bank, Sterling Bank or Zenith bank, etc. www.Remita.net accepts payment to be made by using the internet through the various bank platforms highlighted above created by the commercial banking institutions in Nigeria. All you will be required to do is simply to log in to the website of the bank you intend to make your online payment and fill in it the necessary required information.
- By using the Remita Mobile Application. For those who would prefer paying using the Remita Application, here are all you need to do in other to make necessary payments:
To download the mobile application of Remita by using the google play store,
- After you may have downloaded it on your mobile device, for example, download it on an IOS device or on any android phone, simply launch into the application tab.
- Next, you are to click on transfer.
- Select the ATM card you wish to you, after which it is expected that you input the amount details and the name of the recipient of the payment.
- After doing this, you will receive a debit alert from your bank indicating that a particular amount of money has been deducted from your bank account. So, therefore, you must ensure that you follow strictly the necessary procedures made available for payment.
iii. Paying with ATM (Automated Teller Machine) cards or wallets which could be either Nigeria Local Cards or with International Cards. Nowadays payment can be made both locally and internationally, not minding where you may be anywhere in the world. While trying to pay with any of these ATM cards, it is necessary to generate what is called an “OTP” (One-Time Password).
It is this One-Time Password that will be required to make the transaction successful alongside the cards last four-digit numbers, your pin code, date of expiration of the ATM card, and name of the payee, the card, and bank. After filling than necessary details, it will show the transaction successful as the amount of money to be paid would have been deducted from your account.
Also, for anyone who intends to make payment in the Federal government accounts by using the wallet, it is important to enter the channel through which you are operating that wallet (e.g bank), input your pin, select the amount of money to be paid or deducted from your account and also insert any other necessary information required to confirm your payment. So, therefore, to ensure that you print out a copy of the payment receipt for reference purposes which will be forwarded to the government establishment.
Also, you can pay at any bank branch of your choice. When paying cash at any bank of your choice, it is expected that you copy and take along with you to the bank of your choice your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number generated during for that financial transaction online in which will definitely be written by you on the bank teller or deposit slip provided to you by the bank.
After making such cash payment, you will need to go and confirm the receipt of that particular amount of money at the finance department of such a government agency because proper documentation is necessary.
Closing On www.Remita.net
The emergence of this e-payment platform called Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) has made all financial transactions on this platform a lot better, easier, safer, and faster.
With this fact, the government has implemented its promise of creating an enabling environment for all kinds of financial transactions to be carried out within and outside the shores of the nation between the governments and her citizens, between the government and corporate organizations, and also between corporate organizations and private individuals.
The use of Remita is currently supported by not only the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) but all twenty-two financial banks operating on the shores of the country. With Remita you are rest assured of the safety and security of all your financial transactions are put in place on this platform, in other to ensure that there is accountability, transparency for all financial transactions, quality services rendering, and fairness to all.
And so, therefore, by using this platform you are solely held responsible for details inputted during the process of carrying out your transactions online.
Remita was established by System Spec Nigeria. This particular e-payment platform known as www.Remita.net was created for such a purpose and adopted by the apex bank of Nigeria known as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). Remita really has made a lot of organizations like the Federal government, State government, Local government, Non-governmental organizations, corporate bodies, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), resident associations, private individuals, religious bodies, educational institutions, and schools managed by both the governments and private individuals to be able to have access to funds (that is receiving and making payment easily), etc.
It is operated by all commercial banks in Nigeria and also a whole lot of other micro-finance banks also operate using Remita. www.Remita.net which was introduced by the Federal Government of Nigeria is quite different from the conventional ways of making and receiving payments as witnessed a few years ago in Nigeria. This payment gateway enables the Federal Government of Nigeria to receive payment for money raised from levies, fines, taxes, tariffs, etc. institutions of learning uses this platform to pay admission fees, acceptance fees, tuition fees, or school fees.
Aside from these, business transactions can also be paid through the use of this platform, for example, utility bills, payment and receiving of salaries, paying a government agency, and many more.
Tags: www.Remita.net – how to pay federal government bills using remita