The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control often referred to as NAFDAC, it is a Federal agency under the Federal Ministry of Health. Here we got you the full list of NAFDAC offices in Lagos Nigeria and phone number. Their activity of the agency includes: controlling and regulating the manufacture, importation, exportation, distribution, advertisement sale and use of drugs, cosmetics, food, medical devices, chemicals and packaged water (sachet or bottle) in Nigeria.
NAFDAC OFFICES IN LAGOS
With the aim of effectiveness, they located their offices in all the 36 states in Nigeria. This article is to list the location of NAFDAC offices in Lagos state.
- NAFDAC Lagos Nigeria Head-Office
- Address: 3/5 OSHODI EXPRESSWAY, OSHODI LAGOS
- NAFDAC Phone Number: 01-4524259, 01-4524270, 01-4731018
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NAFDAC PID OFFICE, YABA, LAGOS
- Address: Merret Road, Yaba
- Telephone +234 1 460 9750
- NAFDAC OFFICE, APAPA, LAGOS
- Address: Mobil Rd, Apapa, Lagos
You can locate NAFDAC offices in Lagos at the following location and addresses:
THE FORMATION OF The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control
The agency was established in 1993 under the country’s health and safety law to checkmate illicit/illegal and fake products in Nigeria. The government has observed that adulterated and illegal drugs are a problem in Nigeria. The problem posed by the use of fake drugs was so severe and attracted the attention of neighboring countries such as Ghana and Sierra Leone who officially banned the sale of drugs, foods and beverages products produced in Nigeria.
These are the problems which moved the Federal Government to form NAFDAC, with the aim of eliminating counterfeit foods, beverages and pharmaceutical products that are or are not manufactured in Nigeria and ensuring that available medications in the country are safe and effective.
The 1988 World Health Assembly resolution requesting countries’ help in combating the global health threat posed by counterfeit pharmaceuticals inspired the Nigerian government to form The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
NAFDAC’s first governing council was formed in December 1992. The council was chaired by Tanimu Saulawa. Supporting legislation was approved in January 1993 as Legislative Decree No. 15 of 1993. NAFDAC was officially established as a “parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Health” on 1st January 1994.
List Of NAFDAC Offices In Lagos And Phone Number
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control replaced the Directorate of Food and Drug Administration and Control, a body earlier created in Federal Ministry of Health. The body had been deemed ineffective, partially because of lack of laws concerning fake drugs.
VARIOUS UNITS IN NAFDAC
There are various units created under The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, and their responsibility differs
- Registration and Regulatory Affairs Directorate
This unit is saddled with the responsibility to lead timely and transparent registration process driven by effective regulations that result in regulated products of highest quality standards Activities.
- Food Safety and Applied Nutrition Directorate
This unit ensures the support of food safety programmes by ensuring food facilities comply with good manufacturing practice (GMP) that can sustain quality food product that is safe for human consumption
- Drug and Evaluation Directorate
This unit develops, operate and continually improve QMS to ensure a robust and effective Inspection operation that will ensure safe, effective and good quality medicinal products, cosmetics & allied products.
- Chemical Evaluation & Research Directorate
This unit is responsible for grant authorization for the import and export of chemicals as well as inspect storage facility to ensure safety standard in the management of chemical and hazardous substances.
- Narcotics & Controlled Substances Directorate
This responsibility of this unit is to give authorization for the import and export of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances as well as other controlled substances.
- Veterinary Medicines & Allied Products Directorate
The responsibility of this unit in the agency is to regulate and control Veterinary Medicines, Veterinary products, Pesticides, and Agro-chemicals
- Port Inspectorate Directorate
This unit is responsible to lead the port operation and Control the channels through which regulated products are imported and exported.
- Pharmacovigilance& Post Marketing Surveillance Directorate
- This unit enhances the care and safety of the patient in relation to the use of medicines; and to support public health programmes by providing reliable, balanced information for the effective assessment of the risk-benefit profile of medicines.
- Laboratory Services Directorate
The unit conducts appropriate tests and ensures compliance with standard specifications.
- Planning, Research & Statistics Directorate
The responsibility of this unit is involves planning, researching, collecting, collating, storing and retrieving same as well as coordinating the activities and achievements of the agency.
- Investigation & Enforcement Directorate
The unit enforces and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements set by the agency.
- Admin & Human Resources Management Directorate
This unit is saddled with the responsibility of managing human and material resources in the agency so as to promote efficiency and effective operational environment.
- Finance & Accounts Directorate
The responsibility of this unit is for the day to day administration of financial and accounting functions of the Agency in accordance with the provisions of the Financial Regulations, Fiscal Responsibility Act, and Procurement Act, 2007.
- Legal Services Directorate
The function of this unit is to Offer effective Legal Service to the Agency
Functions of NAFDAC
NAFDAC performs diverse basic functions. In line with the requirements of its enabling decree, the Agency was authorized to carry out the following functions :
- Regulate and control the importation, exportation, manufacture, advertisement, distribution, sale and use of drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, packaged water and chemicals
- Conduct appropriate tests and ensure compliance with standard specifications designated and approved by the council for the effective control of the quality of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, packaged water, and chemicals.
- Undertake appropriate investigation into the production premises and raw materials for food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals and establish a relevant quality assurance system, including certification of the production sites and of the regulated products
- Undertake inspection of imported foods, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals and establish a relevant quality assurance system, including certification of the sites where the products are produced and of the regulated products.
- Compile standard specifications, regulations, and guidelines for the production, importation, exportation, sale, and distribution of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals
- Undertake the registration of food, drugs, medical devices, bottled water and chemicals
- Control the exportation and issue a quality certification of food, drugs, medical devices, bottled water and chemicals intended for export
- Establish and maintain relevant laboratories or other institutions in strategic areas of Nigeria as may be necessary for the performance of its functions.
CONCLUSION ON NAFDAC OFFICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
Since inception NAFDAC has been doing a great job curbing the extent of illicit and counterfeit drugs in the country. Thus, for those residing in Lagos state, you can locate The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control offices in the location above.
Related: List Of Nafdac Offices In Lagos Nigeria, Contact Address and Phone Number