Top Nairaland News Today : Top 21 News on Narialand 2017
Nairaland News Today : NaijaQuest.Com brings to you specially selected latest hottest Nairaland News Today .
Below are the top 21 Nairaland News Today 2017
- 1. Buhari Should Approve The Recruitment Of 155,000 Police Officers — IGP Idris :The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has enjoined President Muhammad Buhari to approve the recruitment of 155,000 police over a period of 5 years. He made his statement yesterday during the Passing Out Parade of 313 General Duty Recruit Constables. Ibrahim Idris probed further, stating that the NPF is working towards establishing a police to citizen ratio of 1:4 which is recommended by the United Nations.
- 2. Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses Former Vice-President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, has encouraged FG to allow individual region of the country to control its resources. Atiku Abubakar argued that there is no reason for some people to be scared of this idea, adding that he got all his education free when Nigeria hasn’t discovered her oil.
- 3. Sharrafaden & Journalists Escape Assassination At Olubadan Palace :The former Secretary to Oyo state government, Barrister Sharrafaden, and three journalists all escaped an assassination today as some gun men attacked the Olubadan Palace, Ibadan. The gunmen stormed the palace at about 11.45 am, shooting all around the area. Sharrafaden’s car was greatly damaged with bullets.
- 4. Nigeria Is Sinking Under Buhari — APC GroupA group of All Progressives Congress (APC) members have made a statement, saying that Nigeria has worsened greatly since President Muhammed Buhrair took over as the head. This group which includes Bola Tinubu stated that it is important for the FG to re-strategies. This group probed further, stating that if nothing is done, the economy of the country will worsen.
- 5. Electricity Debts Owed By Benin And Togo Gives Nigeria Concerns :The Federal Government has voiced its sadness over the accumulated electricity debts being owed by Benin Republic and Togo. Nigeria has been a supplier of electricity to these two West African countries for a long period and the two countries have been committed to paying Nigeria in the past. However, of recent Benin And Togo have both refused to meet up with Nigeria’s expectation.
- 6. Atiku Is A Bloody Nonentity — Junaid Mohammed :A second republic lawmaker, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, has reacted to Atiku Abubakar’s statement that the Northerners are afraid of restructuring. Dr. Junaid Mohammed stated that Atiku is a scoundrel and a bloody nonentity who has to go back to his history books. Junaid defended that there is nothing needed to restructure in the country, hence, Atiku should stop making rants on media.
- 7. Diezani’s Lawyer Blocked Us From Interrogating Her In UK — EFCC :The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has come out to deny a claim that it has been investigating former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke. The commission claimed that all attempts to reach the former minister, were blocked by her lawyer. Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke has been in the United Kingdom, claiming to be receiving medical treatment.
- 8. Biafra: Fulani Herdsmen Call For Probe Of Saraki’s Statement On IPOBFulani herdsmen belonging to a group called Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) have forward a plea to the federal government, asking the federal government to investigate Senator Bukola Saraki. The herdsmen stated that the Senator deserves to be probed, considering his derogatory remark against the declaration of IPOB as a terrorist group.
- 9. We Have Spent N50bn Taking Care Of Benue Flood Victims — Gov Ortom :The governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has said that he has spent over N50 billion on Benue flood victims. His statement came in response to an allegation that he has embezzled some fund. Giving more details, the group stated that Ortom has diverted some relief materials provided by the federal government, and has also misappropriated some funds.
- 10. University Of Ilorin Is A Terrorist Organisation — ASUUThe Academic Staff Union of Universities has recently released a statement where it regarded the University Of Ilorin as a terrorist organization. The University Of Ilorin was regarded as a terrorist organization after it sacked the ASUU chairman of the school for exposing corrupt practices of its outgoing Vice-Chancellor.
Still on Nairaland News Today : Top 21 News on Nairaland 2017
- 11. U.S. Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation — Russell BrooksRussell Brooks, representing the United States, has said that the US government does not consider IPOB as a terrorist group. Russell Brooks added that although, the group has been causing agitation in the country, that is not enough to qualify it as a terrorist group. He also stated that the US will continue to support Nigeria in ways it considers legal.
- 12. Nigeria Must Restructure — Bola TinubuAmong prominent leaders in the country that have given their opinion on the Biafran agitation is a former governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu. Tinubu stated that the idea of restructuring Nigeria is a good one which should be implemented. Giving his reason, Tinubu stated that past leader have all failed to fulfil their promises to the people supporting the Biafra agitation, and this has lured them into believing that restructuring is the best way to help the situation.
- 13. Jude Idimogu: It’s Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of NigeriaJude Idimogu who is a lawmaker in Lagos State, has come out to enjoin Biafra supporters to put an end to their agitation. Jude stated that pulling out from Nigeria is too late at this point. He continued, stating that there is a great deal to learn from the 1970 civil war. He added that the 1970 war is something no one ever prays for again.
- 14. Ayo Fayose For President Posters In Zaria, Kaduna StatePosters of Ayo Fayose as president of Nigeria has now flooded Zaria, Kaduna State. It is unknown whether Ayo Fayose is the one behind the circulation of the posters in the area. Furthermore, the present governor of Ekiti State is yet to confirm whether he truly wishes to run for presidency or not.
- 15. Ambode Approves Reconstruction Of Onikan StadiumThe governor of Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, has approved the reconstruction of Onikan Stadium which is the oldest stadium in Nigeria. The stadium which was constructed in 1930 was last reconstructed in 1980. The governor added that the reconstruction will help the stadium meet up with the 21st century standard, thereby leading to stream of benefits for the state.
- 16. ‘Some Critics Of Buhari Will Complain About God, If They Make Heaven’ — AdesinaThe media aide of President Buhari, Femi Adesina, has rubuked the people who condemned the president’s speech during the 72nd United Nations general assembly (UNGA). Adesina said that he is not surprised at such a thing since it is well-known that no matter how good you are, you will always come across people who will persistently hate you.
- 17. This Is Why Buhari’s Government Is Failing — Ango AbdullahiThe spokesman of the Northern Elders Forum, Ango Abdullahi, has given a statement on the reason why he thinks President Buhari is failing. Ago Abdullahi who described Buhari as a good and gentle man, stated that the present political system of the country is what is failing the President. He added that President Buhari assumed position with the view of the military system used years ago.
- 18. Governor Fayose, Others Risk Jail For Campaign BillboardsThe present governor of Ekiti State, Governor Ayo Fayose, and some other politicians risk being prosecuted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). Campaign bill boards and posters have been spotted across Ekiti State, but this is illegal as it is against the 1999 constitution of the country.
- 19. FG To Reveal Account Details Of IPOB Sponsors :The federal government of Nigeria has promised to reveal publicly, the account details of IPOB sponsors. A few days ago, the federal government discovered that IPOB has sponsors in Paris, France. Giving information on the progress of the case, the federal government stated that the Cetral Bank of Nigeria and some other bodies are compiling information that will be handed over to the French government.
- 20. Boko Haram Is Not In Control Of 7 Local Governments — Nigerian ArmyThe Nigerian Army has come out to debunk a rumour circulating that 7 local governments in the North are under the control of insurgency group, Boko Haram. The Nigerian Army defended that it has successfully suppressed Boko Haram and that the North is now relatively peaceful. It also added people who propagated the rumour are only trying to spread falsehood.
- 21. Acting IG
There you have it on ” Nairaland News Today : Top 21 News on Narialand “, kindly suggest how we can serve you better through the comment box and remember to like us on facebook.com/9jaquest or follow us on twitter.com/NaijaQuest. Thanks
- Highest Paid Footballers in The World Top 20
- Richest Football Clubs in the World : Top 20
- 18 Steps To Become a Popular / Famous Nigerian Musician / Artist
- Top 3 Cities in Africa With The Best Property Investment Prospects
- Cheap Hotels in Ikeja Lagos Nigeria, Cheapest Top 16
tags : Nairaland News Today , Narialand News , www nairaland com nairalans , nairalamd , nairalanf , naitaland